Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"Trading Addictions,..........An 8.5 Million to 1 Shot Pays Off!....."

Good Morning;
So....Saw the story in the link below in the Baltimore Sun Online this morning.
From coke to cash, a junkies dream come true!


Passion for poker 'saved my life,' Greg Merson says

I just hope others recognize that for all his skill at poker, there is
still an undeniable element of luck involved. A lot of lives
could be ruined a second time if people who have gotten a second
chance at life by getting clean think they can emulate this man.

And with all the caveats in the world in front of me.......
I'm still enough of an addict....and gambler, to think.....
"Ya know.........I used to clean up in all the poker games I used to play in,
and there was that one time in Atlantic City I left with the $26,000 pot......"
Hmmmmmm....???

NOT!!!...........LOL!!!

Anyway....more power to him and I hope we don't read about him in a few years
as one of those folks whose sudden financial slingshot into incredible wealth
ends up as a nosedive into a spiral of reckless spending, bad decisions, poverty, 
misery,...........and worse.



Later.....................................Dave

No comments: