Monday, April 11, 2011

"April Or August?................"

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm here at the library again, but maybe not for much longer! Erik of Pikesville PC wrote me and he now has what he needs to get my laptop up and running again, as soon as he gets the chance. I, (and Rachel), are anxiously awaiting "The Return Of The VAIO!!!" .....lol!


I'm on my way over to Jenn's in a bit to shower, shave, do laundry, cook something to eat and.....oh yeah...watch the grandmonsters.....LOL!


It is HOT outside! especially for April. The record for today is 85 degrees set in 1887, I think it will be, (or has been already), broken today. At last my sinuses have dried up too, in my case it's NOT allergies, but Ed, Devin, & Jenn are miserable and cannot have the windows open. That means I'm not spending the night unless: - a) the predicted extremely strong thunderstorms hit before I am ready to leave, or - 2) Jenn and Tom get home after the #59 buses stop running. The shed was getting very warm when I left this morning, so I may have the fan plugged in tonight for a while, the low is only supposed to be 60 degrees....which is also Tuesdays predicted HIGH temp.!


Yesterday I ended up acting as a walking 'Food Bank'. Between the sandwich I gave to this homeless girl in the morning, to the pop tarts and candy bars I gave to Ivan as I left the Library, to the sh*tload of pastries I gave away on the bus and at the gas station after I left the coffee shop last night....and I still have a few left for the kids this evening. I need to express my gratitude to the guys at the coffee shop last night for all the sweets they gave me, that I was able to pass on....that is one less portion of edible food that did not end up in the trash can. ( And on a related note.....I got an e-mail saying that I must really have it in for 'working people' because I am always putting down the people at Starbucks and the MTA. Well to be accurate, I have frequently thanked and praised the majority of the folks at Starbucks, and have only singled out a couple of hypocritical middle level management people and one 'corporate clone wanna-be', throughout the history of this blog. And as for the MTA, well I usually do not mention the drivers who are just doing their job. I give credit where it is due when someone is exceptional, in courtesy, attitude, safety or whatever.......And YES I DO rant about the unsafe, dangerous, rude, obstructive, racist, and ignorant! I also document some of these offenses (by photos of the speedometer 20 miles over the limit on a 25-30 mph road, confirming testimony of other passengers, etc.) and forward this information to the MTA administration, (and to the newspaper and TV station with a suggestion and request for possible investigative actions into the pervasive atmosphere and attitudes of being 'above' all traffic laws, and common civility). If it seems as if I bitch more than I praise,....well YOU come to Baltimore, ride the buses and observe, and THEN talk to me.


But anyway, Jenn just called looking for me, so I'm out of here.

Later................Dave

No comments: