Monday, April 25, 2011

"Ba Da BOOOOMMMM!!....................Okay, I'm Up, I'm Up!.................."

Good Evening;
So I'm at Jenn's tonight with the A/C and the cable, and it was unexpected and appreciated. It was 85 degrees today, and is still 76 degrees at 11:00 pm., and it's only April....crazy ain't it!?
I was up and in the Giant at 10:00 am. to wash up and shave with plans to head down to JAI to try to get my BP meds renewed, but.....when I mentioned it to one of the employees at Giant in passing, she told me she had just left there and the waiting room was filled to capacity and there were two dozen people waiting outside. Immediate change of plans! I was in the shed around 1:00 pm. just surfing the 'net when Jenn texted me asking if I was available this evening, tonight, and Tuesday morning to watch the kids. She dangled the A/C and the cable as a bribe, and I texted her back saying yes...with conditions; 1) a shower, which I knew was no problem, and 2) either a load of laundry of putting some of mine in with hers....because I was just about at the point of digging my BVDs out of the laundry bag and spraying them with Lysol!............lol! She told me that she had a load left on the laundry card for me to use.....if only for the sake of everyone around me.....lol.
Okay, I'm back, I've showered and just pulled the clothes out of the dryer, and burned the hell out of my hand on the brass button on my jeans....that's one HOT dryer!

I never did get to sleep last night, it was about 8:00 am. when I went out finally, and like I said I was up and out by 10:00 am., but I woke up at 20 minutes after 9:00 am. to the very unique "whoooomp--boooom!" of a 'fuel-air explosion' and it's echo off the surrounding buildings in the shopping center. I thought something had exploded at the gas station, but it seemed a little tame for that, so I went around the corner and saw a car in the parking lot with it's hood up and a heavy coating of soot all over the front end and a guy with no eyebrows standing by it. The genius was trying to start his engine, (and on which he must have flooded the carburetor and the engine was already hot = gasoline going from liquid to vapor), and being a total tool closed the hood and walked over to the gas station and bought spray can of starter fluid...aka = ether! He then proceeded to fill the carburetor and the air cleaner and the air intake ducts and the entire engine compartment [which if you remember was already filled with nice, hot, gasoline vapors] of his 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier. As he stood bent over the engine adding even more ether to the already volatile mix his partner cranked the engine.......with the previously mentioned results. I'm sorry I missed what I was told was a brief but impressive fireball. There was no permanent damage to either the guy or his car, other than the aforementioned instant hair removal treatment, a sh*tload of soot on him and the car, and the polyester shirt he had on becoming much smaller and extremely 'crispy', more so in the front than the back.....lol.

Anyway I'm going to try to sleep because I'm losing whatever fragile grip on reality I've still got, though I'm feeling more slaphappy than suicidal at this point.
Though sometimes it's hard to tell.....lol.
Talking to Rachel this evening, and having Devin bring in a DVD and instruct me to put it in the player and then get my butt back on the couch because she was going to sit on my lap and watch it.......and be quick about it!..(kinda like Jane Lynch in those Exfinity commercials....lol!), helped a good bit.

Later....................................Dave

No comments: