Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Run For The Border(line Personality Disorder) ....................AKA..................Yo Quireo Thorazine................."

Good Morning;
Well it's almost 7:30 am. on Thursday and I'm still awake......since Monday afternoon.
Not by choice or chemicals, not even caffeine or sugar, just an insane case of insomnia. I've been holed up and isolating, both physically and mentally, just trying to ignore the the damn "voices" in my head repeating the same old litany of rejection, loss, and failure. You'd think I'd be used to them by now.
(And I'm not talking about 'audible hallucinations'....yet!.....lol)R

I've really gotta try to sleep now,
Later..................Dave

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave, I was sorry to read of your insane case of insomnia. I am sure you have tried many things, but I'm wondering if you have done any conscious breathing exercises? Sort of the way people do in Yoga classes? I'm going to go out on a limb here and just ask you to try this: There is a phrase that may calm you and help you to sleep, and it is: "Be still and know that I am God."

Breathe in and say "Be still and know..." and breathe out and say in your head "that I am God." You might think of images of springtime, or your daughter running through a sprinkler, or anything lovely while you repeat this phrase while breathing.

I don't care what kind of higher power you might imagine, Dave, but know that you are on this earth for a reason, and that you are loved. The higher power is evident in everything positive in this world, even the chance happening that I would choose to open your blog and read it at work this morning. Best, Janet