Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Chinese Water Torture.........Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip--Drip.......................Drip!!!!...."

Good Afternoon;
So I'm in the shed listening to the steady patter of rain on the roof, the even more steady and rapid drip of rain through the roof, the constant hissing of wet rubber on wetter asphalt, punctuated with the blare of car horns and the occasional cymbal crash (or crunch) of sheet metal (or fiberglass).
April showers may bring May flowers, but the bank accounts of the auto body repair shops will be blossoming nicely too................lol!
I am also sitting here grateful and thankfull to Erik of "Pikesville PC" that he was able to get the VAIO back in action for me, and I'm also very happy that I was able to catch him only minutes before he went out last night to pick it up.

This is the third day this week that the combination of rain, finances, (as in the lack of), physical pain, and mental and emotional issues have aligned in such a way that I stayed inside the shed except for brief excursions to the nearby Giant, gas station, or public library, (the 'Golden Triangle....lol), for food, the use of the restroom, and basic hygiene. Thursday was looking to be another such day, until I got a text from Jenn, asking me to watch the kids that evening and night. Now that I think about it Monday was another day like Thursday, shed to Jenn's, with a brief stop at the library, but instead of spending the night, I caught a late bus up to the shed. Friday I left Jenn's around 12:30 pm. and went to the coffee shop until closing time, the first time there since Sunday, arriving to a chorus of "where the hell have you been?"....lol.

The rain seems to have slackened off a bit right now, so I m going to run over to the Giant to use the bathroom, wash my face and make a cup of coffee. I really don't feel like getting caught on the bus stops in the predicted thunderstorms, so it looks like I'm staying in today too. Which is just as well, I'm exhausted for some reason.....and the metronome like ticking of the drips is very hypnotic and conducive to sleep. Which means I'll most likely be up in the middle of the night, wide awake. Which brings us full circle, back around to one of the big reasons I'm grateful for the laptop and wifi!

Later..........................Dave

P.S. And as you can tell, I still cannot figure out WTF is going on with the color/font control!

No comments: