Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Flash----Bang!......................"

Good Evening;
WOW!!!!! I just saw--heard--felt the most amazing thing! I had just opened the door of the shed to look at the rain that was pounding on the roof like the drum solo from "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (a 17 minute long, 1960s rock-n-roll, heavy metal classic by a group known as 'The Iron Butterfly'........for all you young-uns in the blogosphere......lol), and see if any of the hail that the 'special weather alert' was warning about. By pure chance I was looking right at the lightning rod in the su-station next door at the very instant a humongous bolt of lightning struck it in a shower of sparks and caused it to vibrate like a tuning fork. I swear I could see the flash and the return! There were 3 distinct sounds so close together they seemed as one, a noise like a giant piece of silk being ripped, a clang as the pole was struck, and the crack/boom of the thunder of the return strike. But...before the soundwave, in less than a heartbeat, there was a discernible shockwave I could feel in my chest. An eyeblink later the odor of ozone and hot copper filled the air.
Awesome......truly, truly Awesome!

Later...................Dave

No comments: