Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Whatever Doesn't Kill You.........May Or May Not Make You Stronger..........But It Still Hurts Like HELL!!!................."

Good Afternoon;

Well last night at Jenn's I was able to create probably the best crabcake I have ever come up with, in or out of the restaurant business! And this was from NOT having all the typical standard ingredients and 'ad libbing' as it were.

(One of the secrets I have found is to use Japanese Panko bread crumbs.)


After showering and washing clothes and getting the kids to bed, I rolled out of there about 11:00 pm., back up to the shed for the night. The multiple 'stress auras' radiating from Jenn, Tom, & I in so small a place and the stuffiness of the overly warm apartment made for an environment just waiting for the tiniest spark to set off an explosion. (And besides that, the cable is out there!........LOL)


I ended up reading until 3:30 am. this morning and woke up at 8:00 am. planning on getting to the library at 9:00 am. when they opened, but as I was standing up something in my lower back 'popped' and I ended up on my knees in pain. I was able to lay back down and relieve the majority of the immediate pain sensation, but there was no getting up and moving any time soon. I took my morning meds and the 'as needed' prescriptions also and went into a troubled sleep for a few hours, waking to the sound of the pouring rain and the 'drips' on all the brand new cardboard that I had replaced the old soggy walkways with. I was able to stand up by holding on to the shelves on either side of me, and am able to walk if I place my feet slowly and carefully, trying to stay near a wall, fence, railing, etc. whenever I can. As long as I do not try to straighten up or move quickly I can make it where there is no support.

I also had and am still trying to cope with the second migraine headache I have ever had in my life. Sound and light are causing pain and nausea to the point of vomiting, and I have the darkest shades I could find over my glasses. I had to get out and use the bathroom at the Giant and get some electrolyte replacement drinks to try to stave off some of the nausea and also rehydrate from all the vomiting, and come here and check for an important e-mail, (which of course did not arrive yet....lol....[it hurts to laugh too]..)

I'm going back into the shed and lay down with a damp cloth on my eyes and try to get back to sleep, natural if possible, medically induced if not. I know I have an appointment with my PCP coming up soon, and if I am still in this much pain tomorrow, I'm going to just change it to a walk-in and head down there.

If push comes to shove, I have minutes on my phone to call someone or 911.

I wish I had the laptop back for something to do though, even if I have to turn the brightness way, way down and wear the dark shades to use the computer with out pain right now. Reading one of the three books I am currently into is definitely NOT an option tonight, though I may be able to cover the screen on the portable digital TV and just listen. (?)


Later..............Dave



No comments: