Monday, April 25, 2011

"Hooked On Cracked..............Or....................One Step Forward----Six Steps Back.................."

Good Morning;
Well I've found a new addiction, or should I say a new subset of an already established one.....by which I mean the Internet. I clicked on a link to a story at www.Cracked.com, which bills itself as "America's only humor site - since 1958", and went from list to list to list.....etc., starting with "8 Movie Special Effects You Won't Believe Aren't CGI", to "17 Images You Won't Believe Aren't Photo Shopped" and the 7 other articles in this series, and out into the universe of oddities and absurdities from there.....for hours and hours and hours. Check it out, some of the pics are freakin' incredible, others are hilarious.

So I've been in isolation mode again since I got back here Friday night after spending the day at Jenn's. That makes it something like 10 of the past 14 days that I've been practicing to be a hermit, if only I can find a cave with indoor plumbing....lol.
But in all seriousness, it's not paranoia or agoraphobia.....as far as I know...
but nothing seems to matter and I can't summon up the energy to care. Sometimes it feels as if I were three separate entities, one keeping up the facade of coping and getting by with a sense of irony and a twisted outlook and sense of humor, and that it will all work out in the end; one who knows that this is as good as it's ever going to get, so what's the point of trying, because deep down inside, I'm worthless and know it; and the third one, who sits here above it all and watches and records echoing the passions of whichever me is dominant at that particular time.
Ain't depression a hoot?!?
Especially if you add in a healthy dose of insomnia and some intermittent anxiety, shaken not stirred, and garnish with unresolved physical pain.... and an olive.
Mood Swings....? Me!? Hell, I make a pendulum look like a slacker!...lol.

I really, really, need to get some sleep!
Later....................Dave



No comments: