Friday, April 8, 2011

"From The Bitter..........Comes The Sweet..................."

Good Afternoon;

Sometimes when one picks up a certain book and opens it at random a sentence, a word, a passage.......a message will jump out and stand before you, enlightening or reminding what is known but set aside or forgotten. My heart and soul has been filled with anger and hate, keeping me from feeling the gratitude and love beneath. Yesterday I was compelled to again pick up and read from "Grandmothers Whisper", a memoir by my friend Inette Miller, of her journey and the leap of faith she took when she met and married 'Iokepa Hanalei 'I-maikalani, a kanaka maoli, and the rite of passage into worlds of both the spiritual and the depths of her own self-knowledge.


"We send many messengers, many voices - many ways.

Remember to respect the other ways. You do not need to embrace their ways - just them. If you do not hear the truth, embrace them still - but distance their way.

It is a fine line: Embracing all, respecting only truth, not mistaking others' truth for your own, and never embracing lies."


I have forgotten the journey, focusing only on material needs; and thereby blocking my ability to receive the gifts to meet those very needs. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the cleansing and catharsis of body and soul, heart and spirit, I know I need to get back to being "me".

Later...................Dave

No comments: