Monday, April 4, 2011

"Monster House......................"

Good Afternoon;

84 degrees and sunny.....awesome! Last night I was up for hours just listening to the thunder and enjoying the flashes and shadows as the lightning went on and on and on...but with little or no rain at all near me!.....wonderful!


I spent ALL day Sunday with the grandkids at Jenn's house and I'm still trying to recover....lol. If there was some way to package all that extra kinetic energy in a mildly hyperactive kid.....the energy problems of the world would be solved....lol!

After taking Rachel to the circus, and playing with the grandmonsters, some of the grief and loneliness relating to Lisa's death has seemed to abate slightly, to the point that I no longer feel as if I was being strangled by an all enveloping black fog.


Saturday I was up real early for an 8:00 am. appointment at Johns Hopkins, and on the way back stopped at Monkee's for a bit. It made no sense to travel all the way back to Pikesville or Towson for a short session on the computer and then back onto the train and bus, so I just went over to the coffeee shop. And that was the right decision, I got into a fascinating conversation with anew acquaintance whom I asked to share the table with me if she wanted, since all other seats were full. We talked for a good hour or more on a wide range of subjects from poetry, to homelessness, to movies and moviemaking, to mental illness, to Baltimore and the way it is percieved by others not from here, and the city's split and (splitting even more) personality. After Jaraina left I repeated the scene with my friend john Erby, and our discussions always cover a seemingly unrelated, but strangely connected variety of subjects.


This morning I was up at 6:00 am., dressed and ready to leave for a mental health appointment when the phone started to buzz. It was the doctor's answering service calling to cancel out as the doctor had an emergency call and would not be available. Wonderful...it took me weeks just to be able to call and schedule the appointment.

I sat back down for a minute and the next thing I knew it was 2:00 pm., so here I am waiting for a callback to set another date and trying to reach my PCP to reschedule my next appointment sooner or to be able to come in and pick up a new set of prescriptions because they run out 9 days before the appointment date.

I also need to see her to find out why my left arm either keeps going numb or starts to shake uncontrollably and the hand and fingers cramp into a claw.....then 15 to 30 minutes later begins to stop and return to normal.

I guess it is back to the Neurology people again to and more MRIs too/


Well, it's not going to happen to day and I need to get some coffee in me and eat something, both for the first time today.


Later ..................Dave

No comments: