Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The Sounds Of Silence................&..................'Leiningen vs.The Ants'.................."

Good Morning;
Well, like I said, the rain acted as a soporific and I went out like a light as soon as I 'rested my eyes' for a minute. I had grabbed one of the umbrellas from my 'finders keepers/use 'em & lose 'em' collection and went over to the Giant in a lull between the thunderstorms, (and saw that the parking lot was filled with the cars of people attending an event at the lodge next door, that I never even heard pull in, the rain and run-off was so loud!), after I watched a pre 'tiger blood' Charlie Sheen in a re-run of 'Two And Half Men' to use the restroom, and ended up having to wait 15 minutes to be able to even see the shed, much less get back to it. The rain had started coming down so hard and the wind was so strong that some gusts had the water moving horizontally. For a few minutes it looked, sounded, and felt the same as when I was in South Florida during Hurricane Andrew. Then everything just stopped, as if a tap was shut off and a switch was thrown. I hurried back over to the shed and got the door open just as the floodgates opened again.

I fell asleep about 8:00 pm. and the thundering silence woke me up at Midnight, the storm having passed on, and went over to the gas station to use the bathroom. I came back and ate 'breakfast', my first meal today, other than a cup of coffee earlier. I just watched, "The Unit" and "Cold Case Files" on the portable digital TV and I'm still wide awake. It's going to be either playing on the laptop or reading a book until I get tired enough to sleep. Hopefully not long from now because I need to get up at a reasonable hour in the morning and head over to Monkee's in East Baltimore to get meds for the rest of the month.

After that I am going to see if Rachel has plans for tomorrow and if not, see if her mother will drop her off at the Starbucks where we can get lunch and spend the afternoon together. I downloaded the POPCAP games, 'Bookworm Adventures Deluxe' that she likes onto the laptop last night and we'll play that all day if can.....lol.


OH LOVELY!..................The little tiny 'pussy ants' are here again. I've got to go and smush all of them on what looks like the 'recon' patrol now. If I get them all, there usually is not another appearance for a few days or a week, and I can scrounge up some 'bug juice' and 'bait boxes'!
Check out the link below.....
sorry you can't just click on it, you have to enter or cut and paste into your browser;

www.classicshorts.com/stories/lvta/html


Later.............................Dave

No comments: