Sunday, April 10, 2011

"The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow......................"

Good Afternoon;

So..I'm at the library for a few minutes this afternoon checking e-mails. I wanted to make the lecture/presentation by the Baltimore Cultural Chavura but I got involved in a conversation at the Giant and lost track of the time....oh well.


It has been great sleeping weather and I have actually gotten some decent stretches of REM sleep in. On Thursday night I watched the grandkids for Jenn and Tom and decided not to spend the night, because of the couch, the morning madness and the school rush, and mostly because of the temperature outside in the shed vs. the stuffiness in the apartment........what really put the scales in favor of 'camping out' was the upstairs neighbor's surround sound TV system and the fact that the construction quality of these apartments make the shed seem like NORAD's Cheyenne Mountain bunker.....lol. On the serious side Tom is also feeling really bad from the symptoms and treatment of one of the same diseases I am dealing with, but he also has his diabetes and insulin factored in, and it is kicking his ass. I am happy to help out all I can by watching the kids, (and will be there again Monday afternoon and evening), and the onset of spring makes leaving less of an issue when they get home.


Saturday I took Rachel to the movies and we saw "HOP", the live action and CGI animated Easter film, it was a blast. then we took the train to the train to Mt. Washington to see the goose on her nest in the middle of 2 streams and 3 roads, and had lunch from Whole Foods and then took a 'nature walk' and played along the Jones Falls for a while.


I stayed up late with the portable digital TV in what has become my Saturday night routine, (since the computer locked up anyway), Channel 13 news, 'Criminal Minds', and then 'The Unit', then reading until I fell asleep around 4:00 am. I was up at 8:00 am. to use the bathroom at the gas station and went back to sleep until Noon. Now it is over to the coffee shop for 'breakfast'......lol., and to finish reading 'Grandmothers Whisper' by Inette Miller.

Times up here again and the line is long....


Later.......................Dave

No comments: