Saturday, June 6, 2009

"DRIP DRIP DRIP....Not Good To The Last Drop!!!!...."

Good Afternoon;

So I've missed a couple days,in the middle of the week and not a holiday, at least one of you noticed and e-mailed me..Thanks Anne.

The rain started after I got to Starbucks on Thursday, and did not stop coming down in a continuous downpour until 9:30 pm that evening, just long enough for me to get to the bus stop. It started up before I even got halfway down Reisterstown Rd. to Pikesville, and as soon as I finished at the gas station and was on my way to my little hidey-hole the heavens opened up again. There was a steady, heavy rain until almost 6:00 am., and I spent the first hour before laying down taking sheets of card board and making deflectors to channel the leakage from the roof and walls away from my narrow coffinlike sleeping area. Necessity is the Mother of invention, and I gotta tell you I made few "mother" references that night...LOL! I caught the 6:00 am bus to the Starbucks and on the way up, the torrential storms started up again, I made it across the street and inside by pulling an extra large clear plastic trash bag over me and my bags (I looked like a giant jellyfish..LOL......which reminds me,...when I scrape up some cash I want to take Rachel to the National Aquarium to see the new "Jellies of the Deep" exhibit...{Throckmorton take a memo!!}.....[that's my new P.A...since you've all graced me with over 1500 visits, I figure that I deserve an entourage to go with my new found fame???/infamy...].....lol), it worked great..except for one teeny tiny flaw, something to do with oxygen and carbon dioxide??? Hello boys and girls..can you say asphyxiation????.....LOL..(as you can tell MORE irreversible brain damage!)

Okay, back to the narrative, I spent all day Friday also staying dry at the Starbucks, the rain finally stopped around 8:00 pm. I went back to the gas station, watched the TV show NUMB3RS and the first half of the news, lost at Keno, (only $2.00, I followed my instincts and quit, good thing too, I tracked the next 25 games and my numbers NEVER came out....that is pretty rare! I may gamble a few bucks on it but I don't expect or feel entitled to win every time....and my hunches have been fairly reliable, so I go with them ).

I went into the shed and the cardboard drop ceiling had literally done just that, so I took the soggy pieces to the dumpster and placed my last reserves in position and went to sleep. I woke up about 4:00 am with the worst case of stomach cramps...(I ate way, way too much in the past few days)...(and it was all free..mark outs from Thursday...I just finished them today...Thanks Jonathan and Ed!!...), and went over to the gas station to use the bathroom, I had to rap on the door to wake CJ up..(must have been a real slow night because of the rain...LOL). I went back to sleep for another 2 hours and caught the bus to the Starbucks......and now I'm here at the library. Look at that...it's the Sun!! finally!! I've got food and meds and no cash so I'm only minor league stressed. I may head out in the next few minutes to see wht I can acquire, I have not been down the corner for a few days.

R.A.K.s

I came upon a blog the other day by 'chance' here at the library and commented on a post the woman wrote, she e-mailed me after reading my blog with a very nice offer to give or send me some Starbucks gift cards that still had a balance on them that she was not going to use. Thanks "HOPE"!

I have made the acquaintance of a man who comes in the Starbucks every morning with his girlfriend..(who I thought was his daughter........OOPS..sorrry...LOL), we met because I admired his Rousch Mustang....it's hot!!, and we talk for a few minutes every day. This man, Tony, is the owner of L'il Tony's Pizza in Owings Mills, and walks in yesterday as usual and we joke about the weather and exchange the pleasantries. As he is walking out, he comes by my table and hand me a starbucks gift card and says "Here Dave, a little gift for you", totally unexpected AND!! unsolicited. Out of the blue!! Turns out it has $30.00 on it. Thanks Tony!!!!
What can I say, at my lowest, bluest, grayest,..Blackest! moments normal everyday folks, with their unselfish kindnesses and courtesies help to pull me back from the edge of the abyss that depression seems to want to lure me down into.
These acts sometimes humble me and sometime shame me into remembering to express my gratitude, to them and to God. Some folks insist that they are only instruments of God's will with these acts, but I say, No, you are as much a part of the deed as anything else, natural or supernatural, because we all have the ability to say no or to choose not to perform the acts/tasks/deeds that are asked of us.
Enough philosophy/theology!!!
Thank you all, there have been more than 1500 visitors to my blog, and who keep returning....WOW, some one from Toronto, Ottawa, Canada just spent over an hour and 45 minutes reading over 4 separate visits on Thursday alone! Someone from Belgium keeps popping in. And of course all the locals, I've had a couple people drive by when I was in front of MICA who have rolled down the window and shouted 'Hi Dave' and waved..(probably students it's okay..I know how broke they are too....LOL).
SO..it's too late to go out now for money, I think, that's okay, I've got food and coffee credit, up at....'you know where'......and there may be some folks coming by to visit to night..I HOPE!!......so if I do not make it to Towson tomorrow..see you Monday!!
OH Yeah..I never saw that movie..nobody responded, and it was raining so hard.
It got a poor review in the paper though, so maybe it was a good thing...lol.
Next up...""TOP TEN BENEFITS OF BEING HOMELESS""..(LOL)..in the David Letterman style.
SEE YA..........Dave

No comments: