Saturday, June 27, 2009

"Saturday's Child Is Full Of........Something!!...........LOL......."

Good Afternoon;
I just stopped in at the library to return a book and check out the next in the series that I am reading..("The Corps"...by W.E.B. Griffin)..but I had to place a hold and have it sent over from another branch. That's okay I'm reading 2 other books at the same time, "The Last Kingdom" by Bernard Cornwell, (the English, [at this point the Saxons only], resisting the Vikings, [the Danes], in the 9th century, a fairly accurate and well regarded historical fiction)...and a recently compiled collection of all of Arthur C. Clarke's SF short stories, some of which have been out of print for decades, or only in the classic 'pulps'.
I also have the portable dvd player for a while so I watched "The Spirit of St.Louis", starring Jimmy Stewart; and I still have, "Guys And Dolls", with Sinatra and Brando, among many others; and "The Pride Of The Yankees", with Gary Cooper and Babe Ruth; and "The Picture Of Dorian Gray" a 1945 version of Oscar Wilde's classic novel with George Sanders, Peter Lawford, Angela Lansbury and Donna Reed, et al; and "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with Michael Renney and others..(the ORIGINAL version!!); and a very interesting looking made for TV movie called "Longitude", about the search to find a way to determine longitude on the ocean in the days of the Great Britain's naval ascendancy, and a parallel story of the reconstruction of the device that was invented by an injured WWI pilot after the war.
I sat outside the Starbucks until 11:40 last night reading and watching a movie, then again parlayed $2.00 in to $50.00 at the gas station before going to sleep, late..the shed was stuffy and hot. This morning I slept until 8:30 and hit the coffee shop about 9:30 am., then stopped here. Nathan stopped in and we talked for a while, (I needed the stimulation of his conversation, I think the 'lack of' same has been influencing my depression), and he hands me a $20.00 Starbucks card out of the blue.....RAK at work!!!!
Thank You And God Bless!!!!!!!!!.........
It is closing time........see you all Monday....except for those who are stopping by tomorrow morning, I'll be there by 9:00 am at the latest.......
See Ya...........Dave, and thanks again for reading and returning!

No comments: