Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Luck Be A Lady Tonight.......Monday Night Retrospective......"

Hello again;
I almost forgot......................
to give thanks to a new acquaintance Joe, and to the 'luck gods and goddesses'....(see the list at the end of the post titled "Life, The Universe....etc,...from 5/28/09..Thursday..)....
I was in the gas station Monday night, doing the usual stuff before I went to lie down, and playing my daily dollar on the Keno..(and checking all the discarded tickets...you'd be amazed at the number of winners I've found!!..not big ones, but every $1.00-2.00 counts..). the fellow next to me had just on a bunch of tickets, and asked how I had fared, I told him I was out of there and he said here, take this $10.00 and play a few games and use the rest as I saw fit, so I played 4 games and saved the rest for coffee breakfast and a day pass..(I was flat broke). I won twice out of 4 plays, $25.00 and $2.00, so I played 2 more games, winning $2.00 again, this went on for an hour, playing on the same $2.00 winnings, until on the last game of the evening I won another $25.00.
I tried to pay back Joe his backing stake, but he said to keep it. We had talked during the course of the night and he asked my story. So I related my life in segments between keno Games...LOL. That's why I was able to spend money on Rachel, and to have the balance for a room, and to eat a meal last night...with get this......A FORK!!!....not just a sandwich...LOL.
Another Random Act of Kindness with a set of resulting.."parts greater than the sum",
Thanks, Joe.............................see ya......Dave

No comments: