Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Foiled Again Plankton!...Ha Ha Ha, You'll Never Get The Recipe For Me 'Krabby Patties..OR..I've Been Watching WAY TOO MUCH SpongeBob Squarepants...."

Good Afternoon;
Another weird sleep night. The only pattern to my sleep pattern is that there is no pattern.
After I left here yesterday afternoon I was talking to a guy on the bus stop, who is about a week away from being homeless, as his welcome wears out at his sister's house. He has some of the same problems I do regarding work and injuries and was asking about Disability filings. I steered him, (literally, we got off the bus at the Plaza and I showed him the office) to the S.S.A. and also told him that I thought he was eligible for Foodstamps and TDAP, and gave him directions and instructions to D.S.S. When I left him as he was called to the window at S.S.A., he was so grateful and effusive I was embarrassed. It was just the right thing to do, and I really had nowhere to be so it was no trouble to help.
After spending some time at the Starbucks last night I rode the bus to the Plaza station and then back to Mt. Washington and back to the subway chatting with my favorite bus driver the whole time, she is changing routes next week so I won't see her that much anymore :-(
I sat behind the library for an hour and a half using the outlet there to recharge the battery in the DVD player and reading, then stopped by the gas station to say hello to Daniel and show him the book I have for him when I finish it. (Ivory, by Mike Resnick). I played the Keno for an hour or so, leaving with a dollar more than I came in with, then hit the shed and watched some more of "Two And A Half Men" on the DVD player. I then went into 'spastic sleep mode', waking and falling back to sleep with no rhyme or reason, until I finally got up about 11:30 pm. I then made it to the Giant just as the rain began and ended up puttering around there for 90 minutes and talking with Carol, one of the cashiers who happens to know and love Rachel, and has also met Jenn and the kids. And now...I'm here.
I have an appointment with Liz tomorrow at 1:00 pm. to look at some letters regarding the S.S.I. claim, I have an appointment with a State psychiatrist next week and with a State doctor in July. That was quick compared to the normal process, but I'm not getting too excited yet, I've been here before and had DHMH tell me I never went to the appointments and dropped the case.
My old and dear friend Patti has invited me to dinner at the Prime Rib sometime after next week.
Yummmmmmmmmmmmm........Steak!!!!!!!!!
The only problem is that I think they still require a coat and tie.....bummer!
My dress clothes consist of jeans and a red Ralph Lauren Polo shirt, borrowed from my son-in-law. I don't even have a pair of leather shoes, other than the discarded boots I also got from him that I had to glue back together!
Oh well, I'll check it out and we'll see what happens.
I'm out of here I have some food to put in Jenn's freezer and 'fridge for Friday night, when I am 'monster sitting' and spending the night. I'm either cooking Friday night or Saturday morning, and I have some new ideas to try out involving hash brown potatoes and backfin crabmeat and shrimp, with some Sazon Goya con Culantro y Tomato, and lots of garlic. Everybody uses rice or pasta, I'm going in a different direction. I need to figure out a vegetable dish of some sort that will compliment this and that Jenn and I will like..(Tom will eat most anything put on his plate, one of the reasons I avoid fancy garnishes....LOL!)
I think part of the reason my mood was so black for a while was that the lack of real 'kitchen time' was getting to me. It is a creative outlet and stress reliever for me and also a source of immediate gratification that (rarely....lol) requires the use of a syringe.
Okay that is about it for now, I'm going to get the crabcake from Monday out of Jenn's 'fridge before the temptation gets to be too much for her.
Later........................Dave

No comments: