Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Insane In The Membrane.....Insane In the Brain.........Or.............Call Me Candy Bar, I'm Half Nuts!............."



Good Morning;

It's a fine day out right now, very warm with low humidity. What a change from last night when the street lights all were surrounded by pearly globes of mist from the moisture in the air, and one did not breathe the air as much as chew it up and swallow it. I wish it would stay like this but the forecast for today through next Wednesday seems to be hovering around a 91 degree average within an 88-97 degree range. Great!, and of course I am going to be sleeping inside at Jenn's on the night & day of the coolest temperatures..... "Home Sweet Sauna"

I was up at 7:25 am. this morning, only because the alarm on my phone went off, to get up and out to meet Liz for a ride to the head doctor and my interview. If I had not set the alarm, or even if I had hit the snooze button...you would not be reading this now. I was deep in the middle of REM sleep, after staying up until after 3:00 am. when I finally fell asleep.

The psychiatrist turned out to be the same one I saw when I got this far along in the process when I file for S.S.I. 3 or 4 years ago (my memory is getting fuzzier and fuzzier about dates and time-lines each and every day). He did not remember me and it must not have been in his records, since he is not part of the decision making process and has no contact of information once he turns in his observations and evaluation. Of course he probably sees at least a dozen patients a day referred to him by S.S.A. and they have to run together in one amorphous mass. The questions were pretty much a standard depression and anxiety checklist with some memory and concentration quizzes thrown in, and a soupcon of schizoid and paranoia traps. The doc seemed to be able to do this in his sleep, the routine embedded into his mind and muscle memory as he asked and entered the results into his laptop. I did get the feeling I was being subconsciously 'led' slightly into the proper frame of reference for a positive evaluation, at least I hope so.
We talked about some of the physical issues I deal with and their affect on my mind and mood, and the combined affect on day to day activities. The phrasing of some of his questions leads me to believe that this interview may, for a change, actually be biased IN my favor. Instead of saying ,"..'DO' you have trouble with, so and so"...he would state,"..'AND' you have trouble...", with an inflection of query, and seemed to be making entries to that effect even before I began to answer. as I said earlier, 'I hope!'. Anyway, I guess we'll see in a few..??..weeks.. months..??, when the board reviews and decides, I assume when they get the physical exam results also.

I am heading to Jenn's some time between now and 5:30 pm. this afternoon, depending on the heat, whether I get fed up here at the library....

Watch out here comes another tangential digression!!
Speaking of getting fed up, I think anyone coming to this country to live should have to go through a mandatory course entitled:
"Meet Mr. Deodorant;"
"The Wonderful World Of Personal Hygiene"
Also, some one show me where in the Torah the almighty declares: "Thou Shalt NOT Shower!" ?
And of course it would be required reading for all:
"Mr. Toothbrush and Mrs. Toothpaste Meet Our Old Friend Listerine"
It is hell having to type with one hand while the other covers my nose!
And Now; Back To Your Blog, Which Is Already In Progress!

...or if I want to deal with the kids before this evening, and how hot it feels outside and whether the wind is blowing too hard to eat 'al fresco'. I'd like to look some things up on the Internet, but mt eyes feel as if they were filled with burning sand scraped off the beaches of the Florida Gulf Coast, and I keep nodding out on the keyboard and have to delete line after line of gibberish, (yeah, yeah, yeah, I haer you,......how can I tell the difference from the normal content....hah, hah, very funny!), thank the blessed Saint Gates for spell check....lol.

I'll see you later, maybe tonight, maybe Friday. I am trying to find some cash, (and I'm going to need to see Monkee about meds by saturday also), to take Rachel somewhere this weekend, INSIDE!!, maybe a movie matinee and then some ice cream. Possibly I'll see what Jenn has planned and if she wants to go to her pool in the apartment complex.

Later..........................Dave



No comments: