Monday, June 21, 2010

"They Shoot Horses...Don't They.....................?"

Good Afternoon;
Okay, 6 hours at the library and I'm going blind from staring at the computer, and given up on trying to read with all the talking and screaming and distractions and commotion going on around me, what ever happened to the idea of courtesy and quiet in a library, not to mention simple manners and common decency. Crudity, ignorance and ghetto manners abound here in Pikesville, seriously...I have found better behavior in some of the street people I have come into contact with compared with some of the idiots here today. There is a thing in Baltimore City called 'hollerin', it is how people communicate with inmates at the City Jail from the streets outside, and how they scream from second story windows to others 3/4 of the way down the block. Today it how these morons are yelling at one another from one computer to the next 10 feet away at the top of their lungs with no respect for anyone else. And then they have the nerve to cry discrimination when the library staff finally does ask them to quiet down. And.....DON"T GET ME STARTED ABOUT CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, if a dog acted the way some of the people in this city do, it would be sent to the pound and euthanized....makes you think.....
I have to leave and get something to eat anyway, today's diet so far of instant coffee and Tums is not very nutritional, filling, nor satisfying. So...out into the heat I venture. As much as I hate the cold, at least I don't start to sweat and feel so damn dirty as soon as I walk out of doors.
Unrelated to any of that, I had a visitor from South Africa to the site, who spent about 20 minutes reading and viewing. The SiteMeter identifies countries by posting little icons of their flags, which can be enlarged for better viewing.....The Republic Of South Africa new/recent flag is really cool and very colorful!
Later...........Dave

No comments: