Monday, June 14, 2010

"Where The Hell Have You Been Storing Those Bananas?....................."

Good Afternoon;


Well I got my SiteMeter reinstalled, that is about the limit of my HTML programming knowledge and experience.


I spent Friday evening and night at Jenn's and ended up staying all day Saturday too. It was so nasty hot and humid out she let me stay Saturday night also. Except for running to the Giant for a bit with her on Sunday afternoon, I did not leave the apartment for two and a half days, other than letting the dog out to pee.


On Saturday morning I ended up cooking the
'Crab Latke with Sauteed Scallops and Shrimp in a 4 cheese and Garlic Sauce'
DAMN I'm Good!!!
I left on Sunday evening about 6:00 pm. after receiving a text from Jenn that they were on the way home, the A/C was broken, and Edward had fallen in the pond, was covered with slime and smelled like tadpole poop, (after ignoring multiple warnings to stay away, nothing new there.....LOL!!).

So to avoid being a statistic in the morning body count in the Sunpapers, I quickly packed up and headed off into the sunset. I stopped at Mt. Washington at the coffee shop and after they closed sat outside in the back falling asleep and waking up and falling asleep and waking up...etc., missing bus after bus until I finally caught the 11:00 pm. bus to the Plaza and the 11:30 pm. bus back to Pikesville. The shed was so hot I hung out in the gas station until the Keno cut off around 1:45 am., playing the same dollar over and over..win $2.00, lose $1.00, win $1.00, lose $1.00, win $2.00.....eventually leaving with my initial dollar in my pocket.

I slept poorly again, (that is the pattern again, 3 bad nights and one night eventually succumbing to exhaustion), getting up due to the heat about 11:00 am. and going to the Giant to wash up and shave. (I ended up showering 4 times at Jenn's both because I could and due to the humidity). I saw Liz and a co-worker while I was at the salad bar getting brunch, and remembered I have an appointment with the one of the State's contract psychiatrists Thursday morning....well I WAS in fairly good and stress free place today for a change. One of the things that is really miserable about living on the street is having no real place to go at night when it is too hot to sleep. I have been pretty lucky this year with spending time at Jenn's, but if this Spring, (Yes it is still only Spring until next week!!), is any preview of the Summer, it is going to be Hell. It also seems more of an irritant or an imposition when I am not as depressed as I sometimes get. Then it seems as just one more misery heaped upon the pile. When I feel more 'normal'...(HA!)...perhaps I am able to notice it more and react differently, appreciate the differences?



I went to RiteAid and picked up the Anti-Fungal/Steroidal creme for the Jungle Rot/Creeping Crud that is again starting it's Summer crawl up my leg....lol. While I was in there I saw a display of powders and cremes and ointments for preventing and treating heat and sun related discomfort. The one that particularly caught my eye was the container of:

"Anti Monkey Butt Powder"

I guess it is for something similar to 'swamp-ass'?.........LOL, really, this is an actual product, would I lie about something like this? I wonder if there is any connection with the cans of 'Spotted Dick', (which has a warning on the label to 'cover can with a towel when opening due to possibility of spurting'), they sell with the British foods at the Giant in the foreign foods aisle?.........ROTFLMAO! (What can I say, You know I have a twisted sense of humor...lol)


I just got an e-mail from Jenn reminding me I am supposed to watch kids tonight. I think she has a meeting in the morning too, so I guess I get another night inside with A/C by default......lol! (At least I hope so.....I forgot about their meeting tonight, I was planning on coming over after the monster's were asleep....lol!)


I guess that is it for today, I guess I'll be back tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Later.........................Dave

And don't forget today is 'Flag Day', commemorating the bombardment of Fort McHenry, and Francis Scott Key's penning of our National Anthem, (set to the tune of an old drinking song.....nice going Frank!..LOL), and the repelling of the British fleet. Thereby securing our right to freedom of the seas, and never having to eat dishes such as 'Spotted Dick', 'Toad In The Hole', or 'Bangers And Mash', or drink warm beer!






No comments: