Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Reading Rainbow..................."

Good Afternoon;

Well my weather scrying skills were not very accurate yesterday.....'cool' it was not when I walked out of here to catch the bus to the Starbucks around 1:30 pm. Hot, bright and humid it was, a preview of today, and supposedly the next few days will be carbon copies....(or Xerox, for those who have never heard of carbon paper....).


I sat at the Starbucks and read and eavesdropped on a couple of college girls studying for a 20th Century History final exam and also to this young guy who tutors a couple of kids in a variety of subjects. It's fun and sometimes enlightening, and I was able to help clear up a slight misconception for one of the girls, regarding 'Red' vs. 'White' Russians circa WWII. (And if I had had a bit of Vodka left, I could have shown them one of my Starbucks 'Black Russians'......lol).
I ended up changing clothes twice yesterday. Once when I got up and then again at the coffee shop after I ended up splattered with nasty, cold, sticky coffee residue and a sock full of coffee grinds. I walked down to the dumpster to talk with Ashley and lend her a hand and when the bag I pulled out of the trash can and flung into the dumpster leaked, then split, trailing a crescent shaped spray of debris behind it.....you know who was there to block Ashley, in her white on white ensemble, from looking like she had just come from the Gulf of Mexico!!
By some odd coincidence not a drop or a speck landed on my shorts or my shoes, my shirt and socks were not so lucky, and when I went into the rest room to change I somehow managed to end up with coffee grinds in/on my Jockey shorts...and YES! it was coffee....lol! Luckily I had 2 complete changes of clothes left in my bag. When I came out of the restroom this woman did a double take and kept giving me looks out of the corner of her eye. I finally took pity on her and said no I don't have a twin, you did see me with another outfit 2 minutes ago....lol. She laughed and said thanks, she had thought either her eyes or short term memory were on the fritz.....lol!
I took the buses back to Pikesville and ended up sitting outside the First Watch again until around 1:00 am. reading. I started a book called "Pipsqueak" by Brian Wiprud, at the Starbucks around 5:00 pm. and had to finish it, it was so insanely funny. The shed had cooled enough to inhabit by that time so I unpacked and unrolled and set up for sleep....and was wide awake...again! I watched some more Two And A Half Men,
( I'm sorry, I know it is not PC, but I don't care....I want to be Charlie Harper when I grow up, [a beach house in Malibu, money, an endless supply of Scotch and beautiful {young} women, no reponsibilities and no consequences.......Nirvana, as brought to you by Hugh Hefner]......LOL!), (Oh lighten up.........I'm joking....You know I don't drink Scotch!..........LOL),
until the DVD batteries died, about 2 hours and finally got to sleep, sometime after 3:00 am.
I was up and out at 7:30 am. first to the Giant for Powerade and cash, and then to Monkee's for meds and conversation, back to the Subway to get my monthly pass, and here I am.
I'll be back later today or tomorrow.....................Dave

No comments: