Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Out Of The Frying Pan.....Into The Fire.........................................."

Good Morning;

Well it's a good deal cooler today than yesterday or Sunday; gray, humid, and almost raining, but cooler.

Monday morning the shed was uncomfortable by 8:00 am. and unbearable by 9:00 am. and I had to get up and out. It figures, on a day when the library is closed and I had no money to go any where else in the neighborhood. I had plans to head over to Jenn's at Noon when they were leaving to go to her mother-in-law's for the day, so I had 3 hours to kill. I walked through the Giant for a bit, then rode the bus for a while, until the A/C broke and then I sat under a tree panting for an hour. I finally got into Jenn's and showered and ate and watched TV, (mostly the PBS documentary on 'Medal Of Honor Winners' and the 'National Memorial Day Concert'), and dozed until they got home at 5:45 pm. Their was so much tension and heat related crankiness in the air you could cut it with a knife, so I rolled out quickly and got on the bus to the Starbucks, where I sat and read for about 2 and 1/2 hours until they closed. I walked over to the church where Jenn has her Monday night meeting and talked for a minute, she was going out with 'the girls' so I waited for the bus, and waited, and waited...(great job MTA, and they want to raise fares??!!)...and eventually got back to Pikesville about 10:30 pm. I sat and read until after midnight, when the shed had cooled enough to lay down, killed a few straggler bumblebees and tried to sleep. It was another toss and turn night, with more awake time than actual sleep. It was 10:30 am. when the shed began to get to warm so I packed and rolled everything up, dressed and...here I am. I have bus fare for today and that's it in the way of cash. I have a couple pieces of pumpkin loaf and a slice of banana walnut bread, and a burger saved from Jenn's yesterday to eat. My Safelink phone received it's minutes this morning. I am hoping my TDAP money is not screwed up tomorrow so I can get my meds, my bus pass for the month, and pay off a couple small debts.
I may stay here all day or I may get a day pass and head over to the coffee shop and sit, who knows at this point.
I saw an article in the Baltimore Sun the other day that Eastern Baltimore County's ONLY men's shelter is closing up for an indefinite time. This is the Nehemiah House, run by the Rock Church of Towson. See the story at:
This is the place that had some bedbug issues a while back.
It also has a very religion based program.
I'm not feeling it today, so I'll see you tomorow.
Later.............................Dave

No comments: