Monday, June 28, 2010

"Sire, The Peasants Are Revolting" ..................... "They Certainly Are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...................

Good Morning;
It's 90 degrees, with a heat index of 94 degrees, with about a 60% humidity and a dewpoint of 69 degrees.....at 9:00 am. in the morning!!!!, it cooled all the way down to 85 degrees last night. I sat out and read and finished a book at 2:00 am. before I went into the shed, which had cooled to a comfortable temperature somewhere close to the daytime temps. on the surface of the planet Mercury. I woke up at 7:30 am. drowning in sweat and choking on my own funk. By the time I got some clothes on, (I'm stripping down to skivvies at this point), I felt like I was in a training class of firefighters,.... you know the one where they put them in a sealed room and pump in heat and smoke and keep raising the temperature until they either pass out or cry uncle,.... but with out the instructor decked out in safety gear and oxygen to help out if anyone shows signs of distress! When stepping out into 90 degrees feels nice and cool, you know it's hot inside!
I just have not found a clean, safe, discreet, centrally located place outside where I feel comfortable sleeping. All the places I had in reserve are either now locked, construction sites, or occupied..(legally and illegally).
After yesterday, last night, and this morning my skin feels as if now had a life of it's own, and no matter how much deodorant and air freshener I douse myself in, a mob of crazed villagers are still starting to follow me around with pitchforks, hoes, axes, and torches.
I am awaiting an e-mail from Jenn, letting me know if I can stop in for a shower, sometime soon, and a meal. It looks as if she is either not up or already out at the hospital, (visiting and as moral support), and may have the phone turned off.
I have one last clean change of clothes, but I do not want to put it on until I either shower, or am sure I am not going to be able to and take a 'whore's bath' in a sink.
I just have to state that, even homeless I still smell better than some of the people who live in some of the 'hoods in Baltimore City.
Yesterday as I was on my way to and from Monkee's and Barry's houses I passed many open doors and people sitting on their stoops....OMFG!! the odors emanating from some of these places make being stuck behind a garbage truck as you run over a skunk while boxed in by a truck from the rendering company on a extreme heat, red alert, temperature inversion, pollution warning day seem like a breath of springtime!!!! The BO of massed bodies, rancid grease, rotting Pampers, halitosis, swamp ass, and monkey butt.....all mixed with the nauseating miasma of flavored blunts and weed.
"Baltimore--The City That REEKS!!!"
I have not had much of an appetite due to the heat, I have been drinking loads of Powerade Zero though to stay hydrated, last week at Jenn's I realized I was on the edge of heat exhaustion/dehydration because I was not drinking enough. It is not a fun feeling. Yesterday I did not eat until I hit the Starbucks and someone gave me two sandwiches, which I performed open heart surgery on, grafting the turkey, lettuce and cheese from one onto the ham and Swiss on panini bread of the other, (the operation was a success, even though the patient died....but that is the good thing about being a 'food doctor', you can eat and cover up your successes and failures....LOL), and a couple pastries and a bagel.
I grabbed an OJ from the Giant around 9:00 pm. and filled my water bottles at the gas station. Now I am hydrated, but since I am taking a diuretic mixed with my BP meds....I can't stop peeing.....lol!

Alright, that's it for now, plans are still in limbo for today, but I have to bathe somehow, somewhere......

Back later......................Dave

No comments: