Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Cool, Calm, And Collected...................... At Last!!............"

Good Afternoon;

Well I'm back here at the library after a couple days and nights at Jenn's. I am actually looking forward to sleeping outside tonight, the weather is so beautiful. After a dozen days of +90 degree temperatures in a row, at least twice 'officially' hitting 100 degrees, and at least 4 more days of 100 degree temps. that were 'local' and confirmed but not at the 'official' measurement site, it is hard to believe that what we are experiencing now is actually NORMAL for June!
Everyone I have met outside so far, and here in the library, (excepting the 'evil old white haired witch' who is always here bitching and moaning about all and sundry, and telling how "this used to be a very exclusive neighborhood until--insert any or all ethnic or religious groups here--moved in" {actual quotes} who was in rare form today....lol!), has been in a wonderful mood and polite and outgoing to extremes. What a difference a day makes!


I was so overjoyed to be able to spend 5 hours or so with Rachel yesterday, and grateful because she will be gone for the next 7 or 8 days, out to Chicago. Edward was even reasonably sane and behaved pretty good and they played with a minimum of disagreement. I am going to try to stash some money after expenses get taken care of on Friday, (meds, phone, loan, food until the 7th), so we can see 'Toy Story 3 in 3D' when she gets back.
I think I am at loose ends for the 4th of July now that Rachel is away, Jenn and Tom and the kids are going up to his mom's for a picnic and party, (Tom's B-Day is Sat. July 3rd.....I actually was able to give him an unsuspected present, I found a nice new totebag, [which I gave Rachel], and in it a black polo shirt, new, size large, both with "Hard Rock Cafe" logos on them, on the train last Sunday. It sat on a seat as I rode the train from Mt. Washington to BWI Airport, back out to Hunt Valley, and then back down to State Center without being claimed or touched so I checked it out and took it with me when I got off. The Fare Inspector wanted nothing to do with it, and nobody acknowledged owning or seeing who left it and there was no way to identify the purchaser, so I took it. I figure that if anyone can afford to leave it and not come back for it, they coud afford to spare it, since it had to be someone getting off between Lutherville and Hunt Valley.), and I am going to hang out and shower, and maybe wash clothes if needed I think.
Of course I am open to almost any and all invitations and suggestions if any of you feel so inclined, I can even contribute some kitchen and/or grill services and make a donation to the 'malted adult barley pop' fund. If I could find, finagle, scheme, or scam a way to do so, I'd be heading out to spend the day on the beach, Bay, or a boat!
I got ANOTHER spam addressed as a 'Comment' of the blog that I wrote last nigt commenting on the Comment spam I got on the previous blog!
I think that if any public site mentions anything about...."human exhalations of a strength that could knock a buzzard off a sh*t wagon at 50 paces" commonly spoken of in the vernacular represented by the letters "BB", and with a medical/technical nomenclature beginning with the letter "H".... this spam site must ahve a web spider that searches for these references and fires off an e-mail purporting to be from an individual that directs you to sites purveying their product that gave him "blessed relief", and, "Finally Freedom From 'BB'!"
Just what I need, more spam. I get enough on my e-mail address, so much in fact that I sometimes miss messages from people who write me for the first time, afterseeing the invitation to correspond in the header, but with whom I have not previously had contact, so my filters automatically direct them to the junk folder. If you have written me and I have not replied, it is not rudeness, (except for the assholes....YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE>>>LOL!!...but error on my part, if you write again, put "Homelesscide" in the subject box please.
Okay, I'm done for now, I think I'll jump on the bus to the coffeeshop and kill a couple hours. Speaking of buses....did you see the news today....about the bus on the Alameda that hit, moved, rolled, and/or trashed 8 cars...while traveling at speed? So far the "official" explanation is that the driver fell asleep or passed out. They gloss over the fact that the bus was speeding in any case and must have been so before the driver was 'incapacitated'. I was on 2 buses the other night, the 58 out of Mt. Washington, and the 59 out of Reisterstown Plaza Station that were traveling 50 mph in a 30 mph zone, and this is a regular occurrence, as are the unnecessary panic stops and jackrabbit starts when people are not yet seated, and lets not talk about the surly, obstructionist, and ignorant attitudes emanating from the drivers at times!
M-T-A = Make Them Accountable!!!!!
Later............................Dave

No comments: