Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Hot + Humid + Homeless = HELL"

Good Afternoon;
So it's Sunday and I'm here at the Towson library checking in, only because I did not get to the library in Pikesville on Saturday to return a couple DVDs and they are overdue and I cannot afford more than 1 days worth of fines, (at $2.50 each, [even though they are free rentals.....what's up with that??]..).
It was so nasty, hot and humid on Friday that Rachel and I just stayed at Jenn's and she played with the kids and got a chance to spend some 'alone time' with her sister..( people seem tp forget that they ARE sisters due to the 21 and a half year age difference), and Rachel and I got to wake up together. Of course I had not gotten more than 2 hours sleep on Thursday, (I was again bribed by the couch and the A/C for watching the grandmonsters that night...lol), or Friday, (when Rachel and I both slept over) and I woke up to her standing and looking at me with a smile from about 6 inches away at 6:15 am. Saturday morning....lol.
We went to Jenn's apartment complex's pool on Saturday for a few hours and had a good time. Rachel is quite the little fish, she loves the water and is fearless. She knows how to float and is learning to swim, already she is doing the back stroke and swimming under water too. We finally went in when they turned purple and it began to rain and get a bit windy. It was cloudy most of the morning, and of course after we got in side and stripped the suits off the kids...the sun cme out and the wind dropped and the temperature rose. Rachel's mother picked her up about 4:30 pm. and I ended up leaving about 10:15 pm. for the shed.
After fanning it out some to cool it down to 80 degrees I ended up sleeping about 4 hours straight, which is the most in a while, and dozed until the heat and the street construction on the sewer drain right outside drove me out at 10:00 am. I went to Giant and wandered in the A/C for a while and realized I was too hot too eat. I then went to the RiteAid and refilled my scripts, so that is done for another month and I have to see a doctor in July before the next refills. I am also good for about 2 and 1/2 weeks on my 'bupes', so that is one less worry for a bit.
It is really bad outside today, I feel as if I took a bath in the Gulf Of Mexico! I am going to sit here for a while and then get back on the bus and then the light rail, maybe stopping at the coffee shop in Mt. Washington for a bit.
I saw a sign in the long John Silver's for a $1.00 Fish Taco, ....!! Best !! fast food dollar I ever spent! It was really enjoyable.
Okay, times up........later............Dave

No comments: