Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"The 'Homeless Gourmet'............... OR..............................'I Got The Hookup!' ..........."

Good Afternoon;

Well the weather broke at last on Sunday night! I was able to sleep comfortably, (if not for any extended periods), Sunday and Monday nights and well into yesterday and this morning, (in 2-3 hour blocks).

I never made it to the library Monday, ending up at Jenn's to sluice off the film of debris that accumulated on my skin from the combination of the humidity and the air pollution. I ended up cooking at her place, the need for a session of "culinary therapy" descending upon me.
I sauteed some of the most awesome crabcakes I have ever made, these beat out the ones I was known for in South Florida, in the days before one could find Old Bay on grocery store shelves on a regular basis. I also cooked a top round roast coated with my own ' garlic enhanced' version of 'Newman's Own-Sesame Ginger Marinade'. One of the secrets to both dishes is the use of 'Kikkoman Panko' Japanese style bread crumbs, (among other things...I'm not giving away ALL my tricks....LOL!). I've got one crabcake waiting for me in the 'fridge at Jenn's for tomorrow's lunch, and hopefully some roast left...(Jenn and Tom really liked it)!
One of the (many) things I miss is not having a kitchen, I mean a meal to me is usually not complete without being between some sort of bread with mayonnaise anyway, but with a kitchen available the filling gets much more creative than what ever is on sale at the deli!
Sunday evening at the Starbucks, an acquaintance asked what sort of help or responses I have recieved from the fallout of the two magazine articles, and after we talked about it she said her friend had an idea that may help. we walked over to the Whole Foods and met her and discussed her idea.
It is; to apply for student loans/grants, register for the minimum 6 credits, which can be taken online here at the library, and to use the balance of the lump sum left to get a place to live and for utilities etc. Supposedly the loan can then be deferred for 6 years, when I should be in a position to begin repaying it. Something about this sounds too easy/good to be true, so I have asked my caseworker at prologue if anyone there knows the ins and outs of the system and for advice.
We shall see what's up and take it from there.

In other news....6300 hits as of 3:30 pm today on the blog....Thanks!

The O's have a new manager and won a game!

Due to a soon to be negative cash balance, my much needed and desired 'Road Trip' is postponed indefinitely, this is not to say I am not still trying for a 'mini cruise', or a 'there and back'

.....I can buy the food if you can drive!!!

Anyway, time's up for now and I'm heading to the coffee shop over in Mt. Washington, after I pay me fines here so I can get some reading material, (and the 2010 Grants Directory..more on this idea soon). It looks to be a perfect night to sit outside and read.

Later......................Dave

No comments: