Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fame......................"

Good Afternoon;
Well it's white and cold again, it can end anytime now!
I met with Shelly from Prologue after I left here yesterday and we made arrangements for her to pick me up and accompany me to court on Tuesday. She is going to type up another letter stating that the S.S.I. case is still pending and that prologue is representing me in the matter and helping with filings etc. We also began assembling medical records for the S.S.A. appeal filing date extension, and found out that we also have to go into the S.S.A. office. After Tuesday we will schedule that and also the postponed trip to Walmart for boots. (and not a minute too soon either, these ones from Tom are on their last legs)
I came by here and was going to get back online but the wait was too long, and the crazies were here too and I did not feel like hearing all the crap and cursing.
I ran into this kid, (well he's a young 20-something), I talk to sometimes and found out he had not had anything to eat since yesterday, so I went down and grabbed him some cans of Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pasta meals and a package of cookies, because I just got the monthly allotment on the Food Stamps card, and it was the right thing to do at that moment. I wouldn't have given him cash...(If I had any that is.....LOL), because it probably would have gone right to drugs if he asked for that, but all he wanted was food and I was happy to help.
I went over to the Starbucks and had coffee, (HOT coffee!....the damn Giant hot water si luke warm again), and breakfast...at 5:00 pm.....lol...and tried to read for a while. It was crowded at this time and I was at a 4-top table so I kept offering seats to people who were looking for somewhere to sit, and ended up in conversation with 4 different groups in a row, and then the last couple guys were talking fast and fluent German, with the occasional phrase or word of English interspersed and it was very melodic and pleasant just to listen to, even though I had very little idea of what they were talking about....lol.
Stuart(Stewart?) came in and saw me and dropped the March 2010 issue of Baltimore magazine in front of me and apologized over and over again for losing it and the Feb. 19th issue of th Jewish Times that I had let him borrow to read. He had been down to the Baltimore Mag. offices twice already....and had the wrong date in mind...lol. He says he is going to get to the JT next week if he can find it. I keep telling him stop fretting so much, it's not that big a deal, but he feels real bad about about it and will not be satisfied until he replaces them both. It's funny because this is the guy who dropped the 100 Forever stamps worth $44.00 in the bathroom at the coffee shop and josh and I tracked him down by the receipt from a package he had sent that was in the envelope also. I have known him for a while and had thought that it was him, because he tends to be a bit absentminded...lol. He had put both magazines in a cardboard FedEx envelope and lost it somewhere between the car the Whole Foods and the Starbucks one evening.
Anyway we talked for a while and then Allen came in and sat for a while, and then the folks from the Friday night meeting at the church across the way came in and I ended up talkng to a bunch of them I know....and it was 8:15 pm. before I even read the comics in the Sun.....lol.
Last night was cold, cold, cold, and I ended up having to get up and 'fill the jug' 3 times, (too much coffee too late and the damn prostate decided to act up.......lol!), and putting my feet into the icy cold slippers seemed to suck all the heat out of my body. Then, it took longer to warm the bag back up....and repeat, and again, so it was a broken night of extremes in temperature. When I looked out and saw snow at 5:30 am. i made the decision to stay inside the sleeping bag as long as my back would let me....which ended up being 12:30 pm. this afternoon.....ha! I had to re-lay all the blankets and the bag this afternoon after I dressed, first putting the pants in the bag with me to warm up enough so that the creases would not cut my femoral artery, because I had twisted and urned so much last night, and by the time I finished my hands were frozen and hurting....but not as bad as when they started to warm up and the blood started returning!!
I went into the Giant and picked up some food for today and found out the water was still only warm so I have not had my coffee yet. As I was staring at the Entemann's pastry and doughnut display figuring out what to get since they are 'buy one get one free', (one of the 2 times you'll see me buying donuts, the other is when there is a $2.00 off sticker on the already reduced doughnuts on the Giant day-old rack), a woman stops and declares..."I know you!...I know I know you from somewhere!" then she says..."I read your blog!" We talked for a few minutes and it turns out that she used to be friends with Allen and his ex-wife. She said to say hello to him and that maybe we will all meet up at the Starbucks for coffee one evening. She then says that she has been reading the blog for a while and finds it very interesting and that she has wanted to do this for a while...and reaches in her purse and hands me 2 $5.00 bills. I thank her and tell her it is greatly appreciated and we talk for another minute or two and move on.
Wow, that's twice in 2 weeks that I have serendipitiously run into a follower. next thing you know I'll have a 'public', and then.....look out baby, I'm gettin' me an "ENTOURAGE"!...............ROTHFLMAO!!
So, Thank YOU Cheryl, (I'm guessing at the spelling...ok?), you made my day! I do hope that you stop by the coffee shop sometime, my e-mail is in the header of the blog if you want to write.
I'm heading out now, time is almost up here on the computer. I have been playing E-tag with Inette and 'Iokepa and their busy schedule. We are hoping to snacth few minutes together at the coffee shop while they are in town.
I'll see you after 1:00 pm to morrow....or Monday morning,
Later..............................dave

No comments: