Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Sleep Hard----With A Venegance!.............&........These Boots Are Made For Walkin'.........."

Good Evening;
Well it's around 7:00 pm. and I'm sitting in the coffee shop, thinking about today's post.......(it's so cool to be able to say that.......LOL!).

First thing I have to do is to relate another example of the overwhelming generosity of one of the people I've met during this amazing journey, (and without getting all mystical or metaphysical, some of the people and events that have encountered recently have reinforced the feeling/thought/idea that this is all for some yet unknown/unforeseen purpose).

Abe came into the Starbucks and walked over to say hello after he settled in at his table and asked if I had seen my caseworker and gotten my boots today, after yesterday's weather postponement. I told him I had just finished e-mailing with her and that the next time we got together, we'd be going to Walmart, on Monday the 31st. Well I was okay with that, but he was a bit upset, telling me "You can't go another week and a half with your boots taped up like that!". Then he asked me if the bus goes to Walmart, and I told him yes, but I could not just go there alone as it was Prologue's store credit card and tax number being used, and he says "No, I want to sponsor your boots.", and hands me $50.00. I told him he did not have to do that and he said, "I know that.", I told him again Prologue was taking me there, and he reiterated that I could not go another week or more with taped up boots.
I was nearly in tears with the multitude of emotions running through me at that point, and tried to coherently express my gratitude, but he said, "It's no big deal......".

Well, it's one hell of a big deal to me!, not the boots, but the generosity and building friendship of this gentle man who I've only known a few weeks and has already, unasked and unsolicited by me, given so much. From cash to the TV, to a bag citrus fruit and the (awesomely delicious and decadent!!!!!!!) box of English Toffee.

Thanks again Abe, I'm heading to Target in the morning, (I really don't care for Walmart anyhow, and Target is closer to the shed, I can walk if the weather is nice enough), and if there is nothing I can do in return for you, be assured I'll find a way to 'pass it on' or 'pay it forward'!

So...After not sleeping well the past few nights, nature caught up to me.
The combination of warm temps., (I don't think it got much below freezing last night...a veritable heat wave....lol!), and total exhaustion, and the delayed stress effects of some of the medical issues all contributed to the fact that I hit the sleeping bag at 10:30 pm. last night and except for 2 extremely brief excursions to the 'excess fluids bottle', I slept until 12:09 pm. this afternoon.....and I still kept dozing off on the bus ride here. Physically and mentally I'm in as good shape as can be expected in my current situation, thanks to the needed rest and modern medicines pharmacological contributions, (and I DO mean non-recreational.....lol!!!), while emotionally I'm flip-flopping between overwhelmed and overwrought, with a large dash of confucktion thrown in for god measure.
Hell this is probably be the only time you'll ever hear me say this, but; Thank Goodness I don't have a lover right now.......(LMAO!!)!!


Anyway, I'm about to eat dinner, (I was given a bag of sandwiches last night), and I'm worn out, so I'll see you tomorrow.
Later.............Dave

P.S. Oh, yeah there is an article in the Houston Chronicle (online-1/19/11) about
"Homeless Peoples Prized Possessions", you'll have to Google it I can't link it today for some reason, that is interesting, and funny in places too.

No comments: