Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Flying The Hump.......And.......Frozen Food................"

Good Evening;
So I'm sitting here with Edward and Devin hanging on top of me as I'm writing this post. We are all out of duct tape......damnit!........LOL!
It's supposed to go down to 9 degrees tonight and wind chills below 0 (Zero), and since I'm basically still monstersitting it was mutually decided I may as well spend the night again.....Thank Goodness! Tom is DJing and Jenn does not feel good so I am the winner of the 'parent by default award'. I only left the house to walk to the Giant, (Ghetto not Gucci), about 10:30 am. this morning for some necessities, (Powerade-Pringles-On Sale/Reduced/And Discounted Top Round London Broil Steak-& BOGO Entemann's Rich Chocolate Frosted And Variety Pack Doughnuts), like I said, the essential staples......lol. There was no wind so the 22 degree temps at the time were not too awful with proper layering for the short walk, and the can of beer I drank on the way back was able to keep off enough of the chill and I was inside before the negative effects of the alcohol kicked in....lol.
But when I went to take the trash to the Dumpster and walked over to put cash on the laundry debit card around 5:00 pm. it was so cold it hurt to breathe, and the goosebumps on my legs looked like an aerial view of the Himalayas!, (of course wearing a pair of thin shorts and my extremely well ventilated 'sacred'...."every other shirt I own is in the wash"....tee shirt may have had a bit to do with it.....lmao! But seriously, once the sun went behind the buildings the temps. plummeted and it is becoming brutal out there.
I really am grateful to Tom and Jenn.
Tomorrow morning, Sunday I have to head over to East Baltimore and Monkee's house for a bit. Then I have to figure out where I can, and transportation to such place that I can get boots. I looked in Marshalls at Reisterstown Plaza today on the way through the mall to the Giant, and saw some great prices and markdowns, but the selection and sizes just did not correlate. Hmmmm. Bus schedules and yellow pages, Google Maps and online ads are indicated.
Gotta run, I promised Ed I would show him www.pbskids.com ,
Later....................Dave

No comments: