Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Snowbound,...........'sNo Boots..................'sNo Worries......."

Good Evening;

Well.....plans changed quite a bit since I signed off earlier today. I ended up hanging around in the Giant for about 2 & 1/2 hours; 1/2 an hour puttering and shopping, close to 45 minutes in line because the place was a friggin' zoo, and the rest of the time talking with my friend Mike who works in the meat department as he wrapped and put out ALL the rest of the meats and poultry. Everything in the meat locker that was not frozen is on the shelves, and what is left in the freezer is the stuff that doesn't sell quickly anytime at all.

As I was getting ready to leave and head out the bus Jenn called inviting me to spend the night because the weather was getting worse, which was a surprise to me because when I went into the Giant it had just begun to rain slightly. When I walked out......there was at least 3 new inches on the roadways which were clear when I came in,
(and now the Weather Channel said snow was falling at the rate of 2 inches an hour, with 4 or more hours left before slackening off and ending.
9:14 at night and rush hour traffic is still on the roads and at a standstill in places.),
and when I stepped outside it was almost a white-out!
I waited about 15 minutes for a bus and was covered white with snow....hell even the pockets of my coat were filling up, and I could barely see because the snow was blowing horizontally in my face as I looked up the road for the bus....and I was hiding around a corner of a building OUT of the wind!

I had just walked out of Reisterstown Road Plaza, (the short cut and direct path through the mall saves close to 3/8 of a mile of walking), when Jenn called again asking if I had left the Giant yet, because tom had forgotten the Texas Toast Garlic Bread to go with the spaghetti and meatballs she made. I told her I would go into the other Giant here and pick up a box. So it was back through the mall hoping it would not close up in the meantime, as it was almost dead then. Surprisingly this Giant, (known as the Ghetto Giant to Pikesville's Gucci Giant...lol), was only unreasonably crowded not insanely crowded like Pikesville. But the customers and staff made up the difference and the visit was just as unpleasant! There is a large Russian community here & a Hispanic one also, who conveniently are unable to read or speak English when it suits them, such as when the checkout lines are crowded and they slip into the '15 item or less' "Express"....HAH!!!....lines.
So it was another 20 minute wait...with one item! The mall was still open and I went through there and across the Home Depot lot, where I again looked like a Yeti by the time I got to Jenn's.

I'm showered and fed, and the grandmonster's are in bed...(and I think I figured out Jenn's ulterior motive....I seriously doubt that Edward will have school tomorrow, and Jenn now has live in entertainment and diversions that will let her get her desired but rarely achieved, 12 to 15 hours of sleep......HA!......lmao!

I'm watching the branches of the trees droop lower and lower from the weight of this wet, heavy snowfall, and SNAP, there goes one of the pine trees breaking now, I just hope that we don't lose power like all those folks around and in D.C., close to 200,000 at this time. The good thing about being here is not so much a place to sleep tonight, the temps. being in the 'comfort zone' for my sleeping bag and blanket 'combo wrap',.....lol.....,but not having to slog through the snow and slush as soon as I get up tomorrow just to get to someplace to be. I am very grateful for that, and not having to dress in the cold.

One thing I am not happy about is the snow interfering with plans to see Rachel, and not being able to get around and finding a pair of better boots at a price I can afford, and then going to return the others at Target. They don't seem to be leaking, at the moment at least, if push comes to shove maybe I can spray or spread some sort of silicone sealer that will remain flexible over the cracks in the skin and just wear them until they die a natural death...or I have an extra $60.00.


I'm outta here for a while, 'Two And A Half Men' is on...and no ever accused me of being PC in my humor choices....lol!

Later............Dave


P.S. Thanks Kate, I'll look into it. I'll have to see how simple the install is too.
(I also realized that Blogger/Google added a Stats tab in it's latest makeover that has an 'All time' category. Though I have doubts as to it's accuracy, there are at least 2 hits that I am aware of from countries that Sitemeter listed that the Blogger/Google does not...?)

No comments: