Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Medical Mishegas..........................."

Good Morning;
As you can surmise from the time of this post I'm not at the Pikesville library just now.....lol. And I do not yet have my own laptop yet, (maybe by tomorrow, cross your fingers!), besides it is way too cold to be typing if I was in the shed tonight, my fingers would be as agile as bratwurst and I'd wear out the spell check. Last night it was so cold my fingers went numb everytime I tried to read, I couldn't even turn the pages of the book. I was warm enough though when I did my turtle imitation, except for the tip of my nose and my chapped lips, but it was a really rough night inside the old brain box. Added to the damn insomnia was the sudden onset of a bout of deep depression, flavored with a large dose of loneliness. Mix in the worries over the latest batch of medical issues I was informed of Wednesday, (more on that coming up), concerns about the meeting I had that day with my caseworker from Prologue about the S.S.A. filing and the "good cause" letter for the request for an extension of the filing date and the request for a hearing, and the pressure to switch my D.S.S. office from the city to the county....and it ended up being a very 'un-fun' night to be alone with all the voices in my head.
When I did fall asleep arond 6:00 am. I only slept for 3 hours and woke up cold as hell because I had tossed and turned so much I was no longer on or under any of the blankets and padding. I covered back up and lay there trying to get warmed up again, but never did get fully warm, until about 11:00 am.
I was planning on heading over here to Jenn's to babysit the grandmonsters about 5:00 pm. but she called and said I could get here arond 1:30 pm., so after killing time at the Giant and catching the bus ....I did. Tom was going to a Kung Fu tournament in Virginia, and Jenn was heading to the store and then a meeting and a night out with a girlfriend. I was in a creative kitchen mood so I ended up sauteeing shrimp with garlic and ginger and making an Alfredo sauce with crabmeat and tossing them both with a pound of fettucine, and oven broiling a couple of t-bone steaks with garlic-black pepper coating, and after all the tasting while cooking I wasn't hungry anymore.....lol. We're gonna have a one hell of a breakfast here later this morning though!
Okay..................Wednesday.
So as the doctor was palpating my abdomen and I was telling her about the sudden sharp shooting pain I get when sitting up and leaning forward with my legs out in front of me, (such as when I am pulling the zipper on the sleeping bag up), on the right side and the feeling of extreme fullness or swelling internally on the left side, (where the neuropathic pain from the pneumonia surgery is located), she checks the radiologists reports and pulls out the referral forms again. This time SHE is doing the referring and having Jai set the appointments to;.........the Neurologist for the EMG test and sciatic nerve tumor examination, the Hematologist for the (even more) enlarged spleen, and the General Surgeon for the multiple gall stones and enlarged and and possibly 'hot' gall bladder. And amazingly....there is a huge envelope from the Neurologist's office here in today's mail at Jenn's apartment.....after I could not even get a human to return a call! (There is also a bill from the Neurosurgeons business office that has to be sent back informing them that they are billing the wrong entity, and that they either have to bill M.A. or send it through Jai,.....but it's not my problem!)
I'm really not thrilled with these findings
Okay, the battery is dying and the power cord is in their bedroom, so I'm outta here for now.............more tomorrow.
Later.............................Dave

No comments: