Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Re-Boot Debut........"

Good Afternoon;
So it was a bit colder last night but I stubbornly refused to quit reading the book I was into, (Gust Front by John Ringo, 2nd in the Posleen war series), so my fingers felt as if they would shatter like glass by the time I finished the last chapter and the afterword.....lol! My right foot was also intermittently cold and hot with no obviously discernible rhyme or reason.
I got up and dressed from the skin out in clean clothes about 10:00 am and headed out to the Target in Pikesville to look for a pair of boots. And I thought the selection at Walmart sucked! There were about 8 pairs of boots in 2 styles and one pair of size 11 in the whole store, in fact the men's shoe section consists of 1 aisle out of the 7 0r so aisles, 5 devoted to women' and 1 to children's shoes. It never used to be this bad. Anyway I bought the 1 pair available and they'll do. My ankles my be bloody for a while as I break them in,but they are whole and dry, as long as I am not wading through water. I looked to but a pair of gloves with the change, but the store is now stocking shorts and other spring and summer wear already. No coats, no gloves, and a half dozen ski caps left. I am holding on to the change for the chance to do something small with Rachel this weekend, it has been too long, almost 2 weeks since I spent any real time with her.
The bus was coming down the street as I walked out and it changed to the Mt.Washington route at the Plaza subway station, so I came right on over about noon-ish.
It looks like snow tonight and ass-bitingly cold Friday through Monday nights, with not much warmer temps. Sat. through Monday daytime.
You know the refrain that's coming, same old song and dance:
!!!!!!C.W.S.!!!!!!
I'm here at the coffee shop tonight and will be on and off the laptop throughout the evening........visitors welcome, (real or virtual)....lol.
Having the laptop, (Thanks Erik at www.Pikesvillepc.com) , is giving me a chance to read and communicate with some of the article/writers at the various sites I try to keep up with around the country that focus on homelessness.......so there may be links posted at any time.......you have been warned......(LOL!).
Later................Dave

No comments: