Friday, January 21, 2011

"New Boots Are Screw Boots.................Or................A Glass Of Mid-Winter Night's Whine............"

Good Morning;
Well I am NOT a happy camper right now!
The friggin' boots I bought at Target this morning at 11:00 am. were cracked and had a hole in them by 7:30 pm. Right where the normal flex point on top of the foot is between the big toe and the instep. What a piece of made in China all man made materials suck-ass useless crap! I mean, I have had these boots before and I know they are not Donner, or Danner Mountain, or even Timberlands, but c'mon............ Eight F*ckin Hours!?!?!?!?!
And the bitch of it is....I tossed away the old boots I had from my son-in-law Tom because they were shot, between the cracked leather, and the worn down at the opposite angle from which I walk soles and heels, and the flapping soul on the front of the right boot that was held together with electrical tape.......well they were too heavy and not worth carrying and the boots I had just bought fit well enough.......soooooo, ka-dump! into the trash can at the exit along with the ripped up box with no lid the new ones had been laying on.
Now.....I am not only pissed, I am screwed too!
I am sitting in the shed listening to the traffic pass by, tires hissing on the wet asphalt. I have not yet looked outside, but the weather forecast is calling for snow and everybody in Baltimore's favorite two words........a "Wintry Mix"!
Greatttttttt!!!! The only other shoes I have left are the pair of sneakers with the rubber worn off the sole exposing the lovely open cell foam padding and inner sole, which very efficiently absorb the water and 'wick' it directly to the socks. This material is more commonly referred to as a 'sponge'.......LMAO!....(yeah, I'm laughing, what else can you do! Thanks God.....your timing is coming along nicely!, and also.......ahhhh!, so that's what irony is!........lol! [My God is not an angry or vengeful god.....but boy does HE have a wicked sense of humor!]....lol!)
Anyhow, I'm not sure how I'll deal with this in the morning, I guess it depends on the state of the pavement. I have to return them for the cash I paid for them, screw exchanging them! Not only are there no other boots of that style in that size, (hell there aren't even a dozen pairs of boots in any size or style!), why would I get the same crap?
Oh, yeah.....as for a store credit? NFW!.....I NEED footwear!.....from elsewhere!!!
I gotta get off now, my right fingers are beyond tingling, and well past numb and descending rapidly into pain. (the left hand is a bit better, it's holding the laptop level, right under the heat sink and cooling fan....lol.)
Later.....................Dave

No comments: