Thursday, January 6, 2011

" Litlle Bit Of This...............Little Bit Of That........................"

Good Afternoon;

So...I never made it to the library yesterday. Jenn called and said it was a good day to come over and do laundry and shower.....and entertain the soon to be 3 years old Devin because she, (Jenn), felt like crap. There's always a catch...right......lol.

(Oh damn, this is going to be a short post today,(or not as it has turned out.....lol!), my damn fingers are spasming, and if it was not for the backspace key and spell check all this would be illegible!....From a spelling sense...any incomprehensible content I will claim as my own............LOL!)

Anyway, I went over there in the morning and left just after Ed got home from school and my clothes were dry, around 4:00 pm. Between the detour from the serious auto/pedestrian accident on Patterson Ave. and all the police and FBI agents canvassing the apartment complex interviewing people and looking for clues relating to the 16 year old girl who went missing on Dec. 28th. It took me 90 minutes to get to Mt Washington, (normally a 25 minute ride on the bus I took, the #60). (And I can't believe that I actually started to flirt with the FBI agent who was talking to me at the door of Jenn's apt. after the serious discussion was over...lol! Actually what I really can't believe is that she gave me her card and told me to "Please call with any information I may find...or when the case is resolved".....with a kinda of strange little smile!?! She looked vaguely familliar, but I don't recognize the name, but when they took my name for there list of who they had talked to she looked up and stared for a minute. Between the TBI from the car accident, and my CRS......I figure she has to be someone I cannot recall from the past. Maybe all the way back to elementary school, because I have been running into a lot of folks I have not seen in decades recently.

But I digress, it has been a rough couple of days, as you could probably glean from Tuesdays post. I have been in pain ranging from long lasting chronic severe discomfort to sudden and intense totally draining and debilitating periods of extreme but very short agony, in my back, gut and leg. I am pretty sure a gallstone became trapped in the neck and then fell back into the gallbladder this morning, and it has wiped me out. Add in the fact that the average temperature in side the sleeping bag is maybe 80 degrees, and the ambient temperature in the shed has ranged from 40 to 25 degrees, then figure the shock of crawling out and getting dressed and experiencing a sudden 40 degree drop while putting on cold clothes and shoes, well is it any wonder that getting up and out when I have no place I need to be is not a priority? My hands are in pain by the time I get to putting my coat on, and i still cannot get an answer from the neurologists office about my referral and appointment, even after many calls.

I did have an e-mail and a call from my caseworker at Prologue though and we have a meeting set up for 12:15 pm. Friday, (tomorrow), afternoon to discuss, S.S.A. filings and Tuesday's (the 11th) court date, so that is one good thing.
My friends 'Iokepa and Inette, (www.returnvoyage.com and the book "Grandmothers Whisper"), are in town and I hope we can meet this time, the last time they were here the logistics never worked out.
To backtrack a little, to Tuesday night.... I had gone over to the Whole Foods for a minute and when I returned to the coffeeshop on my table was a large garbage bag filled with breakfast sandwiches.....at least 50 of them!!!!.....with my other bags and my back it was way more than I could carry, (and obviously more than I could eat), & more than would fit in Jenn's refrigerator and freezer together, I am not hooked in to the missions or the shelters anymore so I have no distribution network and although the weather is cold enough, even if I could get them there, the mouse in the shed would be calling his friends for a party! I remembered that the young lady working at the Whole Foods mentioned that her church does a soup kitchen/food pantry so I asked her if she could get them to refrigeration before they spoiled and she said yes, so I left them with her as both the coffee shop and grocery store were about to close. I just could not throw them away after they had been entrusted to me before being assigned to the dumpster...it would have been criminal to throw out that much edible and storable food! I did manage to add a few more of a different variety of sandwich than I had gotten on Monday night to my supply also, and at some point yesterday while I was out of the shed the mouse managed to squeeze in the box I had them in, eat through the bag and the packaging and nibble on the corner of the sandwich....(then the little bastard left with out eating any more of it!). I am getting real tired of eating sausage, egg, and cheddar, on an english muffin; bacon, egg, and gouda, on ciabatta roll; & reduced fat turkey bacon, swiss, and egg white on a whole grain english muffin....for threeeeee meals a day!, (sometimes within a 6 hour period.....lol), I can't wait for the Food Stamps tomorrow!!
I guess that is it for today, I'll be back tomorrow...maybe in the morning if I have enough time be for my meeting, and maybe in the afternoon when it's over....or Saturday at some point......who knows? I'm hoping to find a place to trade a steak dinner (I'll supply and cook) for a bed or a couch, because even if the snow that is forecast for Fri./Sat. never materializes........it's supposed to be 17 degrees with nasty wind chills at night over the weekend!
Oh well, WTF!, I'm outta here, time for...'Breakfast'.....yummmm.......lol!
Oh and I forgot to mention it, the 'Dunkin Dumpster' is back in operation since the store reopened....I may have over done the crullers though....I feel like the French army....all I want to do is 'Give Up!!!'......LOL!
speaking of surrender, I went to the Wednesday night "30 and Over Group" NA meeting last night at the same church Jenn's meeting is at. (30 is an age not a clean time requirement).
I ran into an old acquaintance at the Starbucks where everyone was meeting before the meeting and was introduced to the woman who was celebrating 13 years that night, so I wandered over. it was pretty impressive to realize that the cumlative 'clean time' among the 'old timers' there was over 300 years...."It Works If You Work It"
Later.....................Dave

No comments: