Saturday, March 28, 2009

"KAT Scratch Fever"

Hello;
If I get nothing else posted to day I want this to go out.....please read it is an important issue and one that has a personal connection, not just another anonymous appeal to your pocket, but real stories about real people.
I met Kat about a year and a half, maybe two years ago as I was standing on the corner of the I83 exit ramp and North Ave. at Mt. Royal, she has a very noticeable car with her trademark Butterfly, and web page address emblazoned proudly on it, so she was easy to spot. At first when she would stop and hand me a dollar it was so overwhelming that this beautiful young woman would take the time to stop and not only pass me some cash, but would take the time to talk and to get to know me. Now "Stoplight Conversations" are necessarily short and tend to extend over a few days, and as the weeks went past I would see her nearly every day and she would stop for a few words, getting quite quickly to a point where she would stop and talk regardless of whether she had a gift for me or not, and the anticipation of just seeing her smile or her wave, if the light were against us, was more of a draw than any money could be. After I saw her work on her website, I was literally blown away, and then I read her story, and her auto biographical notations about her art.
DAMN!!!!!!
I have used this page as forum to express thanks both to known and unknown benefactors, and as a method of maintaining my sanity, and you have responded with compassion, and sympathy, and compliments, and material gifts, well if you can do all that for a 'schmuck' like me, take a few minutes of your life and a few bucks out of your coffee fund and help a heroic and talented young woman fight for those who can't.
(and if you think I've got a 'crush' on her..DAMN SKIPPY!!)
(LOL)
Courtesy Warning:
The next statement is an unabashed "GUILT TRIP ATTEMPT"
"If I can kick out a couple bucks......shouldn't you be able to?"
(LOL)
But Seriously;
The links should work, I'm not sure about the 'jpegs',
read, browse, think.
thank you...............................Dave
P.S....Yesterdays horoscope told me to "Take a trip on the Information Highway".......well every time I got up to speed, I kept getting POP-UP billboards with a little guy in a sombrero and the words "Pedro SEZ"!!
Sorry......Read, for Kat...and 1,400,000 others;
Support Me As I Walk To Cure LUPUS!‏
From:
kat. (katgallery@gmail.com)
Sent:
Sat 3/28/09 1:54 PM
To:
4 attachments

n82100508...jpg (44.1 KB), n82100508...jpg (37.6 KB), n82100508...jpg (41.2 KB), n82100508...jpg (34.1 KB)
It's that time again! On Saturday, April 25 I will be walking in the 2009 Baltimore Alliance for Lupus Research (ALR) Walk with Us to CureLupus Walkathon. 100% of all contributions to this event goes tosupport lupus research programs, because the ALR's Board of Directorspays all fundraising and administrative cost. With your help I wasable to raise $1,400 for last years walk. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2003. A few years ago I started afundraiser called Change Lupus that raises money for the ALR. This ismy second year participating in the walk for Lupus. It was very movingbeing surrounded by people that are going through what I am and peoplethat are walking to make a change. This year I am excited to have myparents and sister in town to walk with me! Recently there have beensome breakthroughs in Lupus research by the researchers that havereceived money from the ALR. So it is great seeing results and knowingour donations are making a difference! I know that money is tight right now but anything you can give whether it be $1, $5 or $20 will be greatly appreciated. It all adds up! Yourgenerous support will help me reach my own fundraising goal, and isessential to the ALR's research program. More information on theAlliance for Lupus Research can be found at http://www.lupusresearch.org/ It is faster and easier than ever to give your support; you can DONATEONLINE by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message.Immediately after making your gift, you will receive an email with taxreceipt information. Whatever you can give will help. I greatly appreciate it and will keepyou updated on my progress. Please forward this message to anyone you think would like to support me as I Walk to Cure Lupus! To donate online, visit My Personal Page through the link below.http://walk.lupusresearch.org/site/TR/Events/MDB?px=1624414&pg=personal&fr_id=2062&et=D_2qFpX98YPTfc_P6peiig..&s_tafId=19578 THANKS!!! Kat Rohrbacher http://www.katgallery.net/ Facts About Lupus Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, or lupus) is a chronic autoimmunedisease in which a person's immune system mistakenly attacks healthytissue. Lupus can cause life-threatening damage to major organs, such as thekidneys, lungs, heart and central nervous system. Lupus affects people of all ages, including children, but it mostoften strikes between the ages of 15 and 45. Nine out of 10 people with lupus are woman. Lupus is three times more common among African-American woman thanamong Caucasian women, and is also more common among woman ofHispanic, Asian and Pacific Islander descent. Lupus is the leading cause of death among woman with autoimmune diseases. An estimated 1.4 million Americans suffer from lupus, making lupusmore common than leukemia, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy,multiple sclerosis and cystic fibrosis. The exact cause of lupus is unknown. No new treatments of lupus have entered the market in decades, andcurrent treatments, such as steroids and chemotheraphy drugs, oftencause debilitating side effects. Lupus has no cure.
n82100508_30447519_3257.jpg
n82100508_30447527_5559.jpg
n82100508_30447528_5852.jpg
n82100508_30545907_239.jpg
If you stuck with it this far..Good For You!, I'm proud of ya!
NOW...YOU can HELP ME!!!
TO:
"END CELIBACY IN MY LIFETIME"
This is a tax deductible non-profit charity;
INTERVIEWS BEING CONDUCTED DAILY (OR NIGHTLY)
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
TWO 'X' Chromosomes......and a Pulse!!
g'night all......Dave
to the 'merrywidow';
"call me candybar..I'm half nuts"

1 comment:

Kat Rohrbacher said...

Thanks so much for posting this Dave! You are so kind!