Thursday, March 5, 2009

"On The Road Again........"

Greetings and Hallucinations;

How is everyone this fine evening? What a beautiful day and a much milder evening can do for one's overall outlook! 3 nights indoors helps too! I don't want to repeat last nights post, just to emphasize the effect on the psyche.
I ended up spending the night at Monkee's in the basement last night, a little bit of poor me, a little bit of a con, and a little bit of 'baksheesh'...LOL, it worked!..LOL. So, 2 nights of luxury, 1 night of poverty, and it's back to being a boy scout!
I felt the pressure of oncoming economic disability looming above...(aka--I'm running totally out of cash), me..so I went out to the corner with my little sign for about an hour this afternoon, I had a lot of waves and 'where you beens...are you okay?s', I have made more of an impression with more people than I thought. I picked up a quick $20.00, and I feel much relieved. I am able to take Rachel to the Saturday discount matinee of "Coraline" this weekend, and we are coming back here to the library tomorrow (Fri.) to see a kids program called 'Merry Mother Goose', a song and story thing. (Which we would be going to anyway...it's a freebie!)
Okay it is closing time..a few quick items..........
1)..I want to thank all those who give me a dollar or two or even less and say "It's not much...I'm sorry", PLEASE!!! DON"T BE!!..everything is a blessing, and the fact that you are scraping your pockets to give to me is a blessing back on you also!!
2)....I have figured out that if I could get a months woth of donations at one shot..I could get a room!!
gotta go finish tomorrow...Dave

No comments: