Friday, March 20, 2009

Springboard....

Welcome spring;
This is the time of year I feel most alive, all the cliche's are true; rebirth, renewal, fresh starts, second chances, rejuvenation, redemption,
and their corollaries; freedom, exodus, salvation, re-dedication, forgiveness, atonement. It is, for me, a period of grace, to regroup, review, revise, and sometimes to retreat.
My horoscope in today's (3/20/09) Baltimore Sun:
PISCES:
You can't make progress with the brakes on. Temporary frustrations experienced might be due to your own headstrong ways. Take time out from hectic schedules to assess situations.
Also, on the comics page, in one of the characters of the comic "For Better Or for Worse'" is told 'you've had your wings clipped so long, you've forgotten how to fly'
[Awright Neil, how'd you manage to get THAT! stuff inserted....HMMM?]
I was sitting next to 2 young ladies in the Starbucks this morning, and they were working on a thesis paper for their Masters in Social Work degrees,and we got into a discussion about how some of the issues that face people in a hospice are the same as those facing those of us on the street,(at this point they were not aware that I was homeless), some key words: Empowerment, Autonomy, Independence, Control, Freedom, and Self Determination.....another one of those "coincidences"?
If anyone reading this ended up with a Facebook invitation, that is the result of curiousity and cluelessness, and "one click too far" of the mouse. If I had had any idea of how annoying the e-mail invitations are (never having received one...hmmm... gotta think on that...LOL), I never would have played around with it...BUT...a bright note in all this is that I finally found someone I have been looking for and miss very much, my friend Janet, former proprietor of Funks Democratic Coffee Spot...(R.I.P.)...the coolest cafe' and coffee shop in Baltimore in it's time, and my former employer, confidant and confessor, advisor, landlord, fellow poet and artist, cooking teacher in the vegan and vegetarian style, and friend. So, I'm sorry, but not THAT sorry...LOL.
Okay...go to Rhapsody.com, or wherever you get you online music fix, and check out.."Israel Kamakawio'ole".... or not, he's not for everyone.
Latest entries in the don't sweat the small stuff, but appreciate the little blessings list, I ran a Netflix envelope to the post office for Susie at Starbucks just to be nice, and when I get back, there's a frsh coffee and a breakfast sandwich awaiting me, unlooked and unasked for. I mentioned to Neil that I wanted to scrape out the floor of theshed I am sleeping in, and this morning he brings by a rake and garbage bags. I have been broke this past week, and just enervated and un-motivated, and was about to run out of meds, Monkee says don't worry about it now, you'll catch up when you can, it's more important to keep on keeping 'clean'. And of course, the usual, just attempting to be a decent and helpful person, cleaning up the tables or emptying the trash, carrying a box, or opening the door..etc., and going to pay for a coffee or a pastry and having someone say..'I've got that, it's on my tab.', or coming back in to find a bag of 'mark outs' on my table.
It takes remembrance of the little things to keep up the gratitude and perspective to pass through those days like yesterday, when it seems that nothing is constant but the pain.
I hope to get on online Saturday...but it depends on the crowd here...later........Dave.
Oh yeah..another country checked in...Poland...wow, I'm a "MULTINATIONAL"!!!..LOL
and multicolored too..like the new header, is it bright or what!!

No comments: