Thursday, December 2, 2010

" Attack Of The Inter-Galactic Illegal Immigrants................................ OR.....................Lo Quiero Taco Bell..."

Good Morning;
For real today, it's still 45 minutes until Noon.....lol!
It got cold last night! I was on the bus from the coffee shop to the Plaza subway station to transfer to the bus to the shed and just as I was passing Jenn's apartment complex I had the urgent need to use the bathroom. Since I had a 20 minute wait and at least a 10 minute bus ride ahead before I got to either the Giant or the gas station I texted Jenn and asked if I could run in and out between buses. While I was there I swapped my lighter jacket for my 'Big Ben', as the heavy lined denim coats made by S.U.I. (State Use Industries) and given to inmates are known as. It may not be fancy...but it works! (In fact, there are commercial manufacturers who put a few pieces of corduroy or flannel fabric on the collar and the inside of the cuffs etc. and sell them for designer prices....mine only cost me 14 months of my life.....lol!) It's 10 years old and the patch pockets are ripped but it is roomy enough to wear over layers of clothing and it's warm and rugged, so fashion be damned, I'll wear it.

It dropped into the mid 20s last night and did not bother me a bit, until I had to unwrap and unroll and unzip in a hurry to get up and pee in the middle of the night. I was comfortable, warm and cozy.....even if I did look like either a giant burrito or one of the 'pods' from "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers"..................LOL!!

Okay...gotta run, Monkee just called and I have to run over to the east side to pick up my meds, then I have to stop by JAI on the way back and see if this address SNAFU can be resolved and get my referrals and appointments to the neurosurgeon, (the cold had my hand numb yesterday to the point where I could not work the buttons on my phone, and the right leg is getting steadily worse), and the hematologist, (I have been feeling a swelling in my right abdomen, that is tender almost to the point of pain....what's up with that???).

I am monster-sitting/showering/washing clothes at Jenn's this evening so I'm probably heading directly over there after JAI, instead of going to the Starbucks for a while..........unless I get extremely lucky with bus and train connections, and then find someone with an IQ higher than today's temperature at the computer at the doctors. Based on past experience......I'm not gonna bet on it......lol. Jenn says they'll be late tonight so I may be on the couch.....I have to see how cold it is and if the bus is still running or not. The question is a matter of balance of lateness vs. tension vs. comfort vs. convenience vs. 'morning madness' as to whether I crash there or not.

Anyway, Jenn did some research on digital cameras online for me, so I'm going to look that over because I want to get Rachel a decent, fairly rugged, not too complicated, inexpensive video/still camera for Chanukkah. The Little Tykes and Playschool ones seem too young for her and too simple, she would outgrow them quite quickly I think. She is already talking about uploading videos to her mother's computer and making photos on Bubby's printer. Advice and suggestions are welcomed, (Hey Craig, you've always been a techno-gadget guy.....any thoughts?).

Once I get meds and a bus pass for the month and plan food for the next week, the remainder of my cash is for Rachel's Channukah gift(s), so I'll be looking for a way to make some bucks real soon. I have an order for one more copy of the poetry book, so that's at least $10.00. Anybody want to buy one...makes a nice gift for the wordsmith or poet? Support the arts AND help the homeless AND get a material return for your money? $10.00 if we meet somewhere and I hand deliver it, $10.00 plus the cost of an envelope and postage if I mail it to you. (And if you want to increase the donation....well you are not going to hear any complaints from me......LOL!) I've got a new mail drop address, so contact me by e-mail or 'comment' for the update.

See you tomorrow, or maybe tonight if Tom leaves the laptop home.
Later.........Dave

P.S. Besides the
website I have found another interesting site that also has homelessness as one of it's focal points,
(among many other legal and social issues), and a site that helps the homeless to get online in various ways, from e-mail to social media to twitter, in order to be able to access agencies or organizations and to stay in touch with family, and to be able to tell their stories too, it is
Look-Read-Think-Act




No comments: