Friday, December 3, 2010

"Snug As A Bug In A Rug..................AND...................More.....'Idiocy In Action'.............."

Good Afternoon;
So...I've got my bag and blanket system down so sweet that I had Tom drop me off at the shed when he came home at 11:30 pm. last night rather than spend the night on the couch at Jenn's! Warm, snug, and cozy, (except for my fingers which became numb), I finished the book I was reading, ("I,Sniper" by Stephen Hunter), at 2:30 am., pulled in my hands and cinched the top of the bag tight around my collar and stuck my tingling fingers underneath me to warm them up, (basically lying there with 'my thumbs up my butt'....lol....figuratively that is....geez, some of you have such dirty minds.....LOL!!), and luxuriated in the contrast of the warmth of my body and the chill nip of the upper 20s degree air on my forehead, nose and mouth, (the only parts of me exposed to the air by the hoodie I had on).

I was welcome to stay at Jenn's but the idiot up stairs always seems to turn on the ghetto music after 11:00 pm. at night, (and don't get me started about when he comes home drunk with the delicate and graceful 300 lb. 'baby's mommas' he prefers, whose size 13-EEEE extra wide 6 inch platform heels create thunderous boom and echoes as she stumbles through a strip tease and lap dance routine before they stampede into the bedroom and collapse onto the bed, which creaks and groans in near catastrophic failure.....[but the bedroom is over top of Jenn and Tom's bedroom so I only hear the muffled residual cries, screams, and crashing from that]......LOL!), and it is either thumpa-thumpa-boom loud enough to bang on the ceiling to legitimately complain about 20% of the time, or, like last night, 80% of the time it is barely noticeable in the middle of the room but due to the shoddy construction of the apartments sets up a harmonic in the walls that is subliminally annoying and perceptible enough to subconsciously penetrate sleep, and of course the couch and/or the recliner is always near a wall, no matter how the room is configured. Add to that the 'morning madness' and the fact that my hips and side have been bothering me....and the shed won, hands down. The only problem was that I wanted to get up earlier than I did and go to JAI....oops, oh well, I HAVE to be there Monday anyway....
or do I?......I just called as I am writing this and asked what time my appointment is, because I cannot decipher the time on the card, is either 8:45, no am. or pm., or 5pm. on 12/6/10. The receptionist who answered the phone says I have an appointment on December the 12th, (and I forget the time already, because of a combination of arguing with her, frustration, and my CRS). I am signing off here in a few minutes and taking the bus down there to get this straightened out in person. I also have to ream their incompetent asses out about the screwed up neurosurgeon referral and appointment they mailed to the wrong address, (and another piece of mail AFTER the correct address was given them),......if it was not for my Doctor.....I'd not be in the damn 'hood where they are at all. The clerical people must get their training at "Shaniqua's School Of Medical Records Training, Hair Braiding,.......And Mandatory Walk-In Lobotomy Clinic", with graduate work at the MTA and D.S.S.!...(NO LOL!!!!!). Simply F*ckin' Loverly!
Anyway...between here and Jenn's yesterday afternoon I went to Starbucks and ran into Rebbecca, the nanny, who was all excited over an 11th hour job/family interview/screening she was about to go to bt Patterson Park. I don't know whether any of the resources I pointed her towards were involved or not, but she was grateful for my support and help. I showed her the best way to get to where she could take a taxi to the people's house, which they said they would pay for, without running up an outrageous fare, which may or may not be good for 'brownie points' with them.
I have to watch the grandkids again tomorrow morning while Jenn and Tom go to the funeral of the sexton of their church, (yes I am Jewish and so is Rachel and Jenn is Anglican....more on that another time...lol), who had been there seemingly forever and was liked by all. I'm going to the coffee shop after I raise hell at JAI in a bit, then I'm heading over to Jenn's after it closes and the kids, hopefully are asleep. I am spending the night so I can ride herd on them in the morning while Jenn and Tom get ready to go out.
Tomorrow being Saturday, and Edward having no school, should be less hectic and crazy, or at least the craziness will start after dawn...lol. I will also most likely be up watching the cable late, so the noise should not be an issue...and if it is...it will be late enough for a 'legal' or 'legitimate' intervention....and most likely piss Tom off too.....LOL!
Last night while I watched the kids and showered etc. Jenn went to Target. She had told me about a digital camera from Polaroid that was an 'in store' sale only. I told her to check it out, ask about, and if she thought it was a good fit for her sister, (Rachel), to pick it up. She did, and as a bonus...it's pink too......lol. I have to talk to Rachel's mom and see when is best to get it to her, since they are in the middle of moving out to a new apartment right now. It was around $22.00 on sale from about $45.00 and I think it will be well received, and easy to use.
Okay my time is up.....
Later.......................Dave

No comments: