Friday, December 31, 2010

"The Return Of the Lost Libido & The Kiss Of The KENO Gods"........Plus Random Ramblings On The Last Day Of 2010............."

Good Afternoon;
So the post title sounds like a Nancy Drew Mystery double feature does it not.....lol.
Last night at the Starbucks I was talking to someone I see all the time and have taken no notice of (nor she of me) as anything other than "person I know and talk to/female" (and the reverse....lol), and things were as usual. But...the other day she had her hair down and it was the first time it had been that way and the physical change to her face was quite noticeable, as was her demeanor, which was due to some personal issues as I found out later, but the combination was striking and as I engaged her in conversation both our words and our body language subtly shifted. I did not realize until after she had left that, as I said to my self...."dude....yOu were hitting on her!?", (uh...yeah, sometimes when I have these 'internal conversations, one of me is 'dude'.....lol), and it's true, subconsciously I had been reacting to the changes she was projecting, (again, I think, sub- or un-consciously). which is no big deal, except that I have been about as actively romantic/flirtatious as a three toed tree sloth, (& try saying that 10 times fast...lol) recently. Then this morning I awoke from a dream wondering why the sleeping bag seemed to be a bit snug.....then realized that I had it all bunched up in a hug at one part...and the other....welllll, you can figure it out.....lol! I just wish I could remember the details of the dream....not just the 'who'!
P.C.......................Ha, Not Me!!
As I got off the bus last night I stopped in the gas station and had the intuition that I should take a chance and spend 1 of my last 2 dollars on a KENO. A really, really strong feeling. So I told myself I'd try $1.00 and stop if I lost.....well the last 3 numbers out of the 20 that are picked at random from 1 to 80 were my 3 numbers that I always play, 4-5-13, representing Rachel's birthday....."BINGO"!!, (or should I say..."KENO".....lol!), $25.00 in my pocket! I tried one more time with the other $1.00 bill....lost and left.
So this morning I was able to go into the Giant and pay Mike the $10.00 I owed him, (before the end of the year), and get some things for this evening for NYE with the kids, and still have enough for bus money on the 1st and the 2nd of January when I will get my little bit of monthly cash.
I wish to emend my statement of thanks about boots from the other day;
...except for Uggs, the rubber farmers/firemans type, [on anyone older than 12, no matter how colorful or decorated they are....lol], and the stupid pointy toed 'wicked witch of the west' style that extend 6 inches beyond the end of the foot tapering to a point that a mosquito would be jealous of!

Something to think about.....I have been to a LOT of Doctors recently and have noticed a peculiar trend, those of a racial or ethnic mionority seem to be more patient, take more time with me, and actually listen. I am out of time so more musings on this next Year.

A Happy and Safe New Years Eve To All, and Best wishes for 2011!

Later........Dave

P.S. 10 hours and 20 minutes left until 2011 and only about 30 hits needed! to make 10,000!

No comments: