Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Homeless But Not Gnomeless!!............More Links....................& A Possible Early X-mas Gift?..........................."

Good Evening;

It may be technically afternoon, but it's dark outside, not to mention snowing!
The forecast ranges from 1 inch to 5 inches here in Pikesville, depending on who you are listening to. It is a cold, dry snow, falling on streets that have been below freezing for 3 or 4 days, so although there may not be much it is like trying to drive on a thin sheen of oil or talcum powder, hit the brakes a little bit tooooo hard and....zzzziipppp!
Of course BaltiMORONs cannot drive in the snow anyway....lol.
On a related but more somber note, it was a BAD!!! day for Jenn and Tom yesterday! While trying to drill through an oddly shaped piece of metal at a job yesterday, Tom broke off a drill bit in the meaty part of his palm, (he is okay after x-rays showed no fragments in him and aftter tetanus and antibiotic shots, and a prescribed course of meds), so Jenn unexpectedly had to go and pick up Edward from school, while her cousin watched Devin. As she is nearing the school (St.Thomas Aquinas in Hamden), she was forced to go through a detour due to construction and as she was easing out to peer around an illegally parked truck at the corner blocking her vision...she was hit in the left front quarter and the car is totaled. F*ck, F*ckety F*ck F*ck!!! She is bruised and banged up on her leg and hit her head, but is otherwise OK, thank God, and luckily, she had not gotten Ed yet.
Tom had to come and get them, and it ended up with the two of them visiting the ER together for separate incidents.
Another sh*tty thing is that they had only liability insurance due to lack of funds, and the cop wrote it up as Jenn's fault even though plenty of witnesses testified that the other guy was speeding, and which could be determined by the impact and amount of damage, AND verified that there WAS a truck in a
'no parking/no standing zone',
and that the driver rushed out to move it in a hurry when he heard the sirens. Sometimes you can't win, even when you are in the right. and don't get me started on city cops and their abyssmal driving and accident record in recent years.
Well, last night I left here and went to the Starbucks, looking for Hannah who works there, to thank her for the kind words she e-mailed me about turning her on to Sitemeter for her website. She is a MICA student in the Graphic Arts/Design program and her site is http://www.hannahhinds.com/ , it is a pretty neat site, in a minimalist type of fashion. Check it out, look & enjoy, give her some hits on the counter from your visits....(and me some brownie points.....LOL!,...hey what can I say, I'm a sucker for talented and beautiful women....and I need all the outside help I can get, what with my current 'situation' etc.....ROTFL!!!).
But seriously, we are becoming good friends and she is one of the gracious people who pass on some of the marked out sandwiches and/or pastries when she or they can.
But of course she was not working last night so some of my best material went to waste, and with my CRS, I'll never remember it right....lol! I talked politics with Dave from Whole Foods, The History/PolySci guy who is currently interviewing for a bunch of different staff or campaign jobs with various pols, candidates, lobbyists, PACs...etc. I caught the bus back to the Plaza subway station after closing and Allan called me and I met him at one of the bus stops on the way to the shed. we sat and talked for an hour or two and he gave me a 'gift', (and I don't mean the residual effects of all the antibiotics fighting with the fastfood meal he had just eaten.....thiose 'gifts' I could have done without....LOL!!), of a 2 foot high molded plastic/epoxy/polymer Garden Gnome, (or possibly 'Doc' of "Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs"), with abook clasped under one arm and the other arm extended holding a little lantern with either a small Xmas light bulb or L.E.D. (I could not tell which at the time), that is powered by 2 or 3 AA batteries, and he has a photo cell on his back that turns the light off in sunlight (or in my case last night, a brighter lantern....lol!).

Just What I Need!.....LMAO!!

He said he thought I may want it for Rachel or the grandmonsters, but...hell I want him!.....LOL! I think I am going to save it for Rachel after they are settled in at the new apartment, and give it to her the next time the 'ex' pisses me off!...(oops....did I type that out loud.....lol). It really is kind of cool and the paint looks good and bright. Allan said it was in his mother's house, and he sure as hell didn't want it....lol!

Okay.....I get an e-mail today from Erik at Pikesville PC, who builds, buys, sets up, and maintains PCs, and he offers to give me an old notebook PC to be able to access the Internet from free wifi hot spots...no strings attached. He asks that I mention his company and acknowledge him, Pikesville PC, for providing and maintaning it, (if needed I assume). I accessed his website, http://www.pikesvillepc.com/ , and took a look and read the inforamation offered there, and from what I see this is a legitimate and honest business. I have had some email contact through the blog previously and have seen a link on Facebook. So.....We are supposed to meet next week and see what's what.

I am happy to do some publicizing and promoting for him and his company in excahange for a notebook! Hell, I'll even put in a link and an ad/display over on the left side with all my other stuff....which reminds me I have to remember to cut and paste all my 'missing links' back into the "Links And Thinks" gadget FIRST next time I get online... & NOT remember when I am almost out of time!....LOL!

Speaking of links, www.invisiblepeople.tv , has had some really interesting stories popping up on my Facebook page recently. If you are on Facebook 'friend' them and you'll get some real insight into people, problems, and solutions, (good and bad) to homelessness.

Well, I think I'm going to head out into the driving slush and hit the Starbucks for a while, just to kill time. I don't really want to sit in the library at the computer, and ooops, my time is up in 10 minutes anyway so that is a moot point...lol! I may ride the trains for few hours tonight and listen to the dumbass bitching of some of the geniuses here in Baltimore...Did you know that the snow last February was a government plot to keep the poor black folks indoors...yup, heard it on the subway so it must be true.....lol!

I'm nice and clean because I stopped at Jenn's and showered, and got my mail from JAI too... I see the Neurosurgeon on Dec. 27th! Hooray!! I still have not gotten the referral to the Hematologist, and I admit I have been procrastinating about the shrink and the addictions counselor, (to see if I can get my meds on the prescription plan, even though I am using them for 'off-prescription' benfits, the only people who can prescribe it is a doctor who has taken the special 8 hour course to be approved, though the leading doctor in a practice can be the one who is listed as the prescriber and have 10 (??) doctors under him...'it's complicated' as they say..lol). I don't know who I am supposed to see when about the gall bladder though, I guess I'll find out when I go back to my PCP on the 12th of January. Though now that I think of it...I have to go back and get paperwork for the court date on the 11th before that.....hmmmm? Oh well. next weeks' worries!

Damn.....6:45 pm already.....it sucks when you are flat broke and really, really, really limited in your choices of where to go and sit!

Anyway....sorry about the crazy line spacing the computer is 'messing with me' as Edward would say..(when I 'mess' with him....lol!).... Unless this snow shower turns into a blizzard unexpectedly.... I'll see you tomorrow AM. Now that Jenn and Tom are down to 1 car and need the money real bad, Friday night's plans to babysit while they are out just went south. He is DJing, and she'll be home, so I am not sure if I will be spending the night or not, or doing laundry...damn, forgot that!

Oh well...........Later.......................Dave





No comments: