Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Not Quite "Green Eggs & Ham"........But, Give Me Time!.............."

Good Afternoon;
So....first time online in 2 and 1/2 days. I spent Saturday night, Sunday, Sunday night, & Monday at Jenn's not even going outside except to take a load out to the dumpster once and feed 'Porch Cat', (and this IS his name as well as a description....lol), twice. I 'monster-sat' Sunday and Sunday night for Jenn and Tom, did my laundry finally on Monday, and had a chance for a couple of showers and hot meals. (I made bright green, (the first food coloring I grabbed), french toast on Sunday morning for everyone, 'just because'....lol! The kids loved it once I had told them it was only color and not taste that was different....lol. I did a Oven-Fry/Shake & Bake version of Chicken Fried Steak on Saturday night with cube steaks that turned out well and was reminiscent of something my mother made when I was a kid, "cheese steak rollups", (without the cheese....lol).
I slept like crap, but it was partly my own fault because I got sucked into a "Robot Chicken" Star Wars marathon until some ungodly hour of the morning on Sunday night....but it was friggin' hilarious!!!! I LMAO!! Being Sunday, and then Monday with no school, the kids were allowed...Hell!!, ENCOURAGED!!! to sleep as late as possible both days, then given dry cereal to snack on and cups of milk and left in their beds to watch a DVD for as long as possible....as I went back to napping. (Jenn and Tom got to sleep in....I EARN my keep....LOL!) But by Monday afternoon it was time to leave, the tension factor was approaching the blow out valve explosion point. I headed over to the coffee shop and realized that the bus drivers were on their 2 week 'holiday pick' switching of runs, so new/different drivers were on most routes, most with bad attitudes because they had not the seniority to take the 'choice' runs...it was another fun-filled evening of taking notes of driver's badge numbers and bus numbers to be sent to the MTA with times and dates of serious infractions....and they are talking about another rate increase!?

I got an e-mail from Erik at Pikesville PC telling me he had a Notebook PC just about ready for me and asking about software preferences. I replied with my thanks and some info on my movements tonight and tomorrow so we can try to get together at some point, with any luck. I also got an e-mail from my case-worker at Prologue telling me she had gifts for Rachel and asking when I could come by and get them. I am hoping we can get together tomorrow as I have some questions about whether she was able to send off the 'show cause' letter asking for an extension of the refiling date of my S.S.I. claim. I have a Neurosurgeons appointment on Monday the 27th that I want to have the documentation from added to the other files, plus all the MRI and CT test data.

Time's up on the computer now, and a good thing because my eyes are troubling me and my fingers are not working correctly, between the retyping and the spellchecking this is one long post, time-wise.....lol.

Later.............Dave

No comments: