Saturday, December 18, 2010

"The Princess & The Pea.......2010 Updated Street Sleeping Version................"

Good Afternoon;
So last night was a balmy 26 degrees, and making sure my feet were dry and that both my feet and my core were warm before I climbed into the sleeping bag meant that I was toasty warm and mostly comfortable all night long. (there was a stubborn crease/wrinkle in the piece of closed cell foam mat that goes from shoulder to just past the hip that aligned with a double-thick seam in the bottom layer of the sleeping bag, that was exacerbated by a fold in one of my cardboard 'box springs' that slipped down a bit during the night. I'd wiggle and shuffle around and get comfy and fall asleep, but since I'm about as motionless as an epileptic having a fit when I sleep, I kept finding the wrinkle/crease/seam/fold under me at a sensitive point about once an hour.
I was up and out by 9:00 am this morning and on my way to Monkee's for meds from now until the 2nd, when I get my little bit of cash. The rest of the month is going to be a bitch moneywise, I'm totally flat. It's gonna be instant coffee and tap water, unless I get treated by someone.....lol! I've got about $70.00 in Foodstamps, and about 75 minutes on the phone still, and my bus pass is good until the 31st, so I'll survive, but it's going to be a drag over the holidays when the library is closed and the Starbucks is open reduced hours. If you can't buy a drink or a cup of coffee, most places won't let you just sit and kill time. (And I'll ride the trains for 10 hours before I hit the shelter trail here in Baltimore!) Prologue is supposed to have a gift(s?) for Rachel for the holidays, so that will be nice. I have to find out about that on Monday. I don't know if Rachel and I are still petsitting over the Xmas and New Years holidays in light of Jenn's and Tom's situation now. I'm heading over Jenn's to babysit tonight and tomorrow morning while they do some shopping for the kids and then go to 'Catholic Class'...their church is one of those Anglican Episcopal churches that seceded from their Diocese and adjoined to the Catholic church, while still keeping their married priests and some other particulars. So I'll be showering and doing laundry there, just in time too.....lol!
Okay, I'm gonna go read for 2 hours and kill time until I can go to Jenn's.
See you tomorrow, maybe, if not...Monday,
Later.....................Dave

No comments: