Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"The Boots Were A Bust..............."

Good Afternoon ......Again;
It is getting colder and the wind has picked up even more, I am so overjoyed winter is here early....NOT!

So I took the bus to Prologue and My caseworker and I and her teammate went to the Walmart in Owings Mills, which is one of my favorite stores, with happy and helpful staffing, neat and tidy fully stocked shelves and racks with a wide variety of merchandise, a complete range of sizes in all styles and colors, and always plenty of cash registers available. I'm always able to find what I want and need, and plenty of it, every time I am there.

(Too much? Yeah I know sarcasm should be sharp and swift and too the the point, like a rapier; not beaten to death and beyond, as with a bludgeon.........LOL!)

There were no boots that fit me at all, in any style or size or width combination. In fact there were no 11 & 1/2 boots at all! And no size 11 except extra wide. Depending on the cut and style I can usually wear a 10 & 1/2, or 11, or 11 & 1/2; using a wider or smaller width to compensate. Not here, either crushed toes or slipping and sliding heels and insteps. Needless to say I was not happy, and this type of shopping trying on 20 pairs of shoes and getting more and more frustrated brings on the damn anxiety attacks. I did get a pair of jeans, the ONLY pair in my waist and inseam size in the store. Of course they have a damaged but still functional zipper, (the 'pull tab' is bent out wards at a 90 degree angle at the end...weird), but they'll do. By the end of this experience I was soaking wet and trying like hell to keep from hyperventilating, and my field of vision kept narrowing ever smaller. I think I kept most of it hidden, because I really did not want to freak out in front of my caseworker, (and her partner), there is not the close rapport that I feel the previous person and I had, and I am always a feeling a bit on edge as it is.

Anyway, when we stepped outside and walked across the wide open windswept parking lot, you can imagine the thrill as the cold hit my damp clammy body....lol. I had left my heavy coat and vest in the car because it was too bulky to keep putting on and off or carrying around while trying on clothes and boots.....yaeh.....big mistake........lol! They dropped me off here at the library and now that I am dried off I am going to get something to eat, (for the first time today, other than instant coffee), and something hot to drink.

Oh yeah, I also found out that the 60 days I am supposed to have to appeal my second denial of S.S.I. has passed....thank you very much JAI, I needed the Neurosurgeon's appointment and the Hematologist's also...so now I have to find out whether I can get an extension or have to start the whole process over again

I'll be back tomorrow at some point, when I am forced out of my nice warm cocoon

Later......................Dave

No comments: