Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Chili Today.........Hot Tamale!................."

Good Afternoon;

Well last night was the coldest night so far this season, 20 degrees, (though tonight is expected to be a few degrees chillier yet), and once I got the 'burrito bed' arranged and slid myself inside I was about as warm as an Aji or a Cayenne pepper, around 40,000 units on the Scoville scale, a rating of 7. This is actually an average because my feet were double wrapped and topping out at a Habanerro or Scotch Bonnet, 250,000 units, a 9 rating; and my nose was at the bottom end, a Cherry or a Mexi-Bell about 250 units, a 1 rating........LOL!

The water in my water bottle froze almost solid, and the Power-ade, because it was at room temp. when I brought it into the shed only had moderate sized icebergs floating in it. I had to keep adjusting and readjusting the blanket around my face because being so soft it would not stay in a position that allowed the air to enter. So it was freeze the tip of my nose or wake up suffocating all night long....lol.
I need one of those cone shaped neck collars the vet. puts on a dog to keep it from licking or biting at a wound.....but reversed!....LMAO!

I had a call from Allan again last night asking if I wanted a ride from the Starbucks, and he met me and I emptied some of the accumulated debris from his car for him and then ran into the Giant and bought a piece of cake for him. Between the false left leg and the busted all to hell right arm in a sling and the walker, getting in and out of the car for even such a simple thing is real chore for him. We sat and talked for an hour or so before I went into the shed, and I was glad to be there for him so he could unload some of the weight and pressure that he is carrying. We are close, but yet we are not too close, so there is sort of 'neutral buoyancy' between us that acts as a buffer.

It was about 11:30 pm. when he left and about Midnight when I got to sleep for the first time. Just about every hour on the hour I woke up and readjusted and fell right back to sleep.
I finally got up and out about 11:00 am. after warmomg my clothes and dressing and then rolling and folding, etc. The walk to the Giant is only a few dozen yards away, but as soon as I closed up the shed and came around the corner the wind picked up and it felt like a mile. Did you ever notice how much farther and colder it seems when your destination in sight.....and you really, really, really have to go to the bathroom?......lol!!!!

I have to go now and get a bus down to Prologue to meet with my caseworker. I have to check on some filing deadlines and then Hopefully, go to Walmart and find a pair of boots. Shopping is not my forte', and my feet are so damn hard to fit properly. Not to mention that they are so flat that a foot doctor wistfully told me that they made him homesick for his boyhood home on the prairie......LOL!

Later........................Dave

P.S. To L.G.
I'll post the new mailing address next time I'm online.
My e-mail is at the top of the page in the Intro., Please send me your e-mail, so for privacy and security, you do not have to use the 'Comments' to send me your address for me to send you a copy of my poetry,
Thanks...
..........D.

No comments: