Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Decline Of Common Civility.....................'Rantus Interruptus'.............&.............Life In One Cubic Yard"

Good Afternoon;

So you may have noticed that all my links and even the whole sidebar "Links And Thinks" is missing from the blog. This was not intentional, I was trying to add 3 more links to pertinent sites and as I was moving the cursor, accidentally clicked it as it was over the 'Remove' button......sh*t..sh*t..sh*t!!!
!!!Hey!!! I posted my problem on the Google help forum and some guy called "Yoboy" went into the cache or the html file or some such and pulled up all my links and e-mailed them to me!! Very cool and many, many thanks guy!!
Now I have to copy and paste them all back, when I have the time this week.


It's just been that kind of day or two... (or three)


After going over to Jenn's to shower and shave and eat a hot lunch, (she buys-I cook, the usual deal, which is getting harder to do, because I am having problems standing for any length of time....AGAIN??!!??!!....WTF!?), then over to the coffee shop for a bit, (where Josh handed me a bag of marked out items.....thank you very much amigo!), and then to the bus to the bus to the shed.


Thursday night was a BADDDDD night! (as was Friday for similar reasons) Even though it was not as cold as the previous few nights, (if only by 5 degrees), when I was in the shed getting my bedding ready my right foot became chilled to the bone and I could not get it to warm up for over an hour. It felt as if it was very close to being frostbitten, while the left foot was cold also, it was nowhere near as icy feeling. The weird thing is that from the ankle on up, excepting my fingers and nose when exposed, the rest of my body was comfortably warm. After rubbing and rubbing and finally wrapping my feet and the lower part of the sleeping bag within their own cocoon, I was able to lay down and attempt to sleep. Not that I actually DID sleep of course, I ended up reading until 4:00 am. when I went to sleep with no cold issues. I woke up at 8:00 am. Friday with my feet again ice cold to the touch and feeling so cold they felt 'hot', like as in a post-electric shock type of 'hot'. I do not know if this is a circulatory problem, (although Dr. Marcus my podiatrist says she feels good blood flow to my feet??), or a nerve problem aggravated by the spinal/disk/tumor issues? I really want to get my referral to the Neurosurgeon pretty damn soon, as in yesterday, because it is starting to get a bit scary. By the time I was packed and dressed my fingers were also numb and it took a good thirty minutes for my feet to feel 'normal', but then the itching began. (Is this not a sign of chilblains, a pre-frostbite condition? WEB MD here I come...lol). I went to Jenn's and showered and did a load of laundry and then tried to reach the doctor at JAI.............HA!.........late afternoon on a Friday..........not happenin'!


I went over to the Starbucks and again was graced by a couple marked out sandwiches and a bag of donuts......(oh yeah, I forgot to mention this but the 'Dunkin Dumpster' is temporarily out of action as the D.D. it is adjacent to has been undergoing renovations for the past month.....and in related wasted food news, I have been stopping by the Popeye's dumpster to try to catch the fried chicken just before it get's dumped, [and to be honest, if it's in a clean box and that has just been tossed, and it's cold....well, been there done that too]...and I have been discreetly watching the young 'thug wannabe' deliberately either dump the whole 20-40 pounds of still hot chicken out of the box and into the filth so it is inedible...or worse, look around and see if anyone is watching,....and urinate into the box and place it carefully rightside up in the dumpster and head back in the store. One night I heard him as he laughed and bragged to one of the other workers about how he was gonna go out on the weekend and "get all 'blunted' up with his boys and f*ck with the homeless waiting to get into the mission"...nice fellow, huh?..... next time you hear someone complain about, or read or watch a news story and some bleeding heart clueless bastard with no street knowledge at all starts whining about the 'poor mistreated juvenile' charged as an adult for a crime....well this is only a glimpse into the reality. OOPS......sorry, off on a tangent again......lol. But while I am still ranting.....Last night I stopped in the Giant and used the restroom before I hit the shed. The urinal is out of order, and has been for a couple days...not a huge problem, "plumbing happens" as they say....lol. There is also a stall with a commode, and as I entered the bathroom so did a young (17-21?) Giant employee, a porter or parcel pick-up or shopping cart wrangler or some such position, who went into the (disability accessible) stall before me and with the door wide open, did his business and walked out and washed his hands and began texting.......without bothering to flush, OR......wipe off the seat he did not raise and subsequently proceeded to piss all over!!!!! I walked back out to the sinks and took a handful of wet and dry paper towels and cleaned the seat, all the while expressing my disgust and displeasure in words of no more than six letters addressed to the mannerless, ignorant, and socially deficient waste of oxygen. Not that it had any effect. Today I have written a formal complaint to the store manager and Giant's Landover HQ. This is but a single example of the behavior of the newest batch of, mostly young, mostly male, employees and their total lack of respect not only to customers, but also to store rules and regulations and common civility......Okay...I'm done...really!...lol)....


So I head into the shed and get set up for sleep and again my right foot becomes freezing cold to the touch and although I can warm it up this time, it takes about 40 minutes..

WTF>>>my time is not u


Well it's Sunday afternoon and I'm back after suffering a case of the 'Time Gremlins', (which at times infest the Baltimore County Public Library's computer network, telling me my time is used up and I spent 180 minutes on the system when I had not and refusing to let me back in), and then running into the lifeform 'Bureauctaius Idiotus Obstructionus' who would not sign me back on at the desk saying "Well if the computer says you were on for your limit....you were", even after others began complaining of the same problem, and being vouched for by another librarian. So that is why you, loyal reader were the recipient of "Rantus Interruptus" and this post is a combined condensed "Readers Digest" weekend edition.....LOL!!


Yesterday after the computer/librarian fiasco I went over to Rachel's to give her her camera that was her Hannukah present. She was thrilled by it, especially that it was pink...lol. We could not find any batteries with a decent charge, (they are in the process of moving so who knows which box they are in), so the one's I had with me gave her just enough power and time to have it power-up and let her take one picture of me before it faded out. Her mother is supposed to get a package to day, or I will tomorrow at Jenn's, but at least she got to see it at work once.


I then went into the basement and went through the bags and boxes that were being stored for me, throwing away three bags of clothes that were nothing but rags and three bags of assorted junk, crap, and drek that I had accumulated. I ended up with 1 Rubbermaid storage bin that has to be gone through yet; 3 boxes of pictures and papers; 2 boxes of HO train items for my grandson Ed; and a bag with coats and a scarf and a really good quality Tour Lion motorcycle winter weather suit...(maybe I can sell that on Ebay??)...and just about the only thing I have left of my father, a pair of boat shoes; and a box of assorted 'memories' ranging from bumper stickers to a Cub Scouts neckerchief slide and Boy Scout Jamboree patches from the '60s, to my qualifying certificate from Jump School and First Parachute Jump Plaque, to match books lighters and napkins of places I've worked and restaurants long gone....etc. Oh, Yeah, and 2 briefcases bursting at the seams of poetry, stories, notes and ideas waiting for editing, transcription, or completion.
I don't know which is most disheartening, what little there is, or what is missing forever....lost, stolen, trashed, pawned, or given away. Everything I own, these items, and including what is in the shed and at Jenn's would probably fit into a
3 Ft. x 3 Ft. x 3 Ft. box.......
Either............a shining example of non-materialism at it's best?.....or.....a pitiful collection of possessions defining a life of lost opportunities? Oh well

Last night, (Saturday), after leaving the Starbucks at closing time and getting caught by the onset of the rain as I was walking over to the bus stop, (But I planned for it this time, wearing the old boots, which are at least water resistant still...lol!), then taking the buses to Pikesville, Allan pulled up as I was getting off the bus near the gas station. He had called a few times shortly before while I was on the bus, but I had the phone on silent and missed the calls because I really did not want to talk to anyone. (The rain, the reality, & the depression that was slowly coalescing like this morning's fog were putting me in an extremely isolationist mood, and I also just wanted to read the book I am into as long as I could and fall asleep....not getting much rest the previous 2 nights.) I said hello and waved him off, and the look on his face added an accent of guilt to the slowly churning emotional stew bubbling inside my skull. I'll try to call him tonight, I guess.

Anyway, once I got the water deflectors arranged in the shed and lay down, the warm temps. last night were a blessing and I did not hear a thing until 8:00 am. this morning when the slick roads caused a crash nearby....one hell of a wake up call LOL!!! and the sirens were an added boost!

Okay times up for real now

Later............Dave

No comments: