Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Sometimes You Win......Sometimes you Don't..........."

Good Afternoon;

Well,....Win some!
I picked up a bag of gifts for Rachel that I am grateful to Prologue for, and that I think she will love. A LiteBrite, a yellow knitted hat with pom-pom, a puzzle, a baton/wand with a spiral ridge running through it that is filled with tiny balls that run from to to bottom every time it is inverted, and make a weird amplified humming-buzzing noise....lol, (yeah her mother is going to love me for that one....lol!), and a 11.5 inch 'fashion doll', (read:Barbie knockoff), who is named Michelle, which is a hoot, because my caseworker; two of my closest friends who I am secretly...(oops not any more!!......LOL!)...in love with, are named Michelle, and it is Rachel's middle name. I may keep it for myself....LOL! Many Thanks to Prologue; to Shelly for these lovely presents, and to Stu for taking the time and effort to track Shelly down and make them available to me today.

Lose some!

I met with the gentleman who is setting me up with a laptop after I left Prologue and he drove us up to the Woodholme Starbucks to show me the computer and the programs he had installed. We sat down, powered it up, and....."Operating System Not Found" shows up on the screen, after many attempts, plugging in the power cord, re-seating the hard drive, etc. and crossing our fingers...nada! He had checked it out at his place after setting it up and it was working okay, so he knew it was functional and operating. Possibly the socket into the hard drive fits is not making a proper connection, maybe there is some other connection that is too loose or sensitive and became separated as the laptop was handled? Well, frustrated we just went outside and sat and talked and he said he would look at the problem back at his bench at home. I am obviously disappointed, but still extremely grateful for the effort and attempt. Thanks Erik!

I'm leaving now for the Starbucks at Mt. Washington to eat for the first time today, I'll be back tomorrow.

Later...........Dave


No comments: