Monday, December 6, 2010

"Random Noise............. & ..................Gusty Winds..............."

Good Afternoon;
So I'm back at the library on the desktop computer where it is much easier for me to both type and compose, (except for the woman next to me who is talking on her cell phone again playing cards online...for some reason she is allowed to spend hours on the phone, Everyday!, when everyone else is told to go to the lobby for any extended conversation....it's time to complain to management, it is not equitable or fair, and she can get loud and annoying when she fusses at her partner....and then there are the Russians across the aisle who always act as if they do not understand English and ignore the posted signs.....the library just ain't what it used to be......lol.), than on the laptop at Jenn's. Part of it is because I always feel that Tom is pissed off and only barely suppressing his annoyance, (but then he is always pissed off at something...but that's another story), and part of it is that there is no place in the apartment to get the proper height and angle an seating that is comfortable.
Anyway...it is cold as a polar bear's butt out there! Mostly, it's the wind chill that is the problem. When I left Jenn's I had to stop by the shed and secure the door that had blown open yesterday night when the wind picked up. I had only wedged it when I left there in the morning because it was calm at the time. I jury rigged a latch out of two shelf brackets and a bent screw that I can lift from the outside by inserting a knife in the crack of the door and lifting....or when that gets too frustrating in the cold and dark...I can just slam my shoulder into the door and pop it open...LOL! It will keep it shut against anything but gale force winds or above though...lol!
Tomorrow I am supposed to meet my caseworker from Prologue and headout to Walmart to look for boots in the afternoon, I'll let you know how that turns out.
I also have to ask her to look in my file and tell me the date I have to file my appeal to Social Security for S.S.I. in by. The fiasco with JAI has screwed up the timetable because I wanted to have the Neurosurgeon's report, and the hematologist's also, first. I hope I get the appointment/referral soon
.
I'm out of here for now, I guess it's the Starbucks until close then the shed
and my self made coccoon until morning.
Later.......................Dave
P.S. I have not been able to get together with Rachel yet, she was over her bubbies yesterday,and was running a fever today, and the whole household is in an uproar trying to pack everything up for the move into their new apartment next week.
Which is on the way to the coffee shop, and near enough to walk on a nice day, and on 2 bus routes too. I will be able to see her much easier and much more often!...hooray!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So dude, you live in a shack behind an apartment building?

I know times are tough but why is that? Can't you find a job at Target or something? Do you have any job skills?

I would think you would have some at age 50.

What are you doing living in a shack? It sounds like the shack is behind the home where your young daughter lives? Are you divorced or something? Why the heck don't you just live in the spare room of someone's home?

Does your daughter live with her mother and new husband or something and you live out behind their house in an unheated shack?

I'm not trying to be cruel just curious is all. Can't you find something more productive to do with your time rather than hanging out at Starbucks all day? Or are you disabled?

Hope things improve for you soon.