Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Meetings And Moonlight..............."

Good Morning;
Well it was an interesting evening when I got to the coffee shop last night.
As I was sitting down the woman across from me stands up, cries "Dave!!", and hugs me. It was my friend Michelle of MICA whom I had not been able to spend any time with in what seems like forever. We would always meet in passing, each going in a different direction. Next, just as we were getting into the meat of out catching up, a woman comes over and asks if "I am the fellow who blogs". It turns out she is one of the followers and just happened to be in this Starbucks yesterday. Because of some privacy difficulties she is having, she asks not be mentioned by name at this time, but she is also dealing with the on and off problems of intermittent homelessness. (And hearing the bits of her story I did is another example to me that as bad as my situation may seem, there are others with more material things and shelter from the elements...who are a lot worse off, both in a physical and mental sense.) Then, a bit later a colleague of Michelle's from MICA comes in and it was a walk down memory lane of some of the clubs and bars and the bands and band members in Baltimore in the mid '70s to late '80s we were both familiar with and where she had played. She is also the model coordinator at MICA who Michelle has wanted me to meet so possibly I could pick up some cash modeling for the students in the life drawing classes......and yes it could be 'nekkid'. (I don't know who might be more frightened....me or the poor kids who would have to sketch me.....LOL!!!) Michelle and I talked 'til close then I walked through Whole Foods with her and she gave me a lift back to the shed, with a promise to make time for us to get together over the holiday break and maybe get Rachel and Remy, her 5 year old, together also.

I am now on my way to Prologue to see about some gifts for Rachel that are there somewhere, hopefully not in my caseworkers car. Then I am supposed to meet withe the gentleman who has a notebook PC for me. I will be back online later today with details.

Last night sleeping was actually enjoyable, and Monday night was also fairly comfortable. In fact I did not get up and out until after 12:15 pm. yesterday! (I had gotten up to watch the total lunar eclipse though, going out into the cold at various times between 1:30 am. and 4:30 am. to see various phases, so I have a legitimate excuse...lol! Full moon, winter solstice, and total eclipse....on the first day of winter; good omen....or bad???? hmmmmmm?

Ok, gotta run,.........Later,........................Dave

No comments: