Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Xray Madness.............."

Good Afternoon;
So...I've been to get X-rays taken.....and in typical "Dave's World" fashion it was somewhere between a 'SNAFU' & a 'Clusterf*ck'!
When I got the referral from the 'skull cracker's' office I was given a list of Radiology centers to choose from, I asked whether I needed a referral from my PCP at JAI, or whether I had to go to JAI, and was told "NO", and the woman called to check on it. So this morning I went to American Radiology in Owings Mills because they have my records from the MRI and CT scans a few weeks back thinking it would make things easier because I am already in their computer system.
Well it did....at first. Then I was called to the desk and told they needed a referral form from JAI, (the neurosurgeon wrote it as prescription order as sometimes is the case), and which center did I go to and who is my Doctor. Well I had that information and also the phone and fax numbers for them. Next I get called to the desk and told that I have to go to JAI to get the X-rays taken there, because they do their own. But at least I was able to get a printout of the previous exams and the radiologists report.
Okay.....back on the bus to Pikesville and transfer to the #54 down to Cold Spring & Park Heights, in the 'hood'. This corner is like Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant', where..."you can get anything you want.......excepting Alice", the only difference being, down here even Alice is available for the right price! Anyway I hand in the form and wait for 30 minutes and I'm called into the back to the X-ray and Blood Lab waiting area for 15 minutes then into the X-ray exam room. First standing and having shots of the Cervical spine area taken while relaxed and while under various degrees of 'flexation', or tension. (And I need to have the Neuro(tics)....lol....explain why when I bend my neck as far forward to me chest as I can....there is a pain in my low, low left back region?) Then it was on the table for Lumbar spine shots, again at rest and 'flexed'. The worst was on my left side curled into a fetal position, not only back pain but both the spleen and the gall bladder hurt.
A 5 minute wait for the films to be downloaded to disc, and I asked for a copy of my records for court on Jan.11th and found out that a copy had already been requested and sent to the Court, then back on the bus to Pikesville and another bus to here. All this on a delicious breakfast of Land 'O Lakes butterscotch cocoa and instant coffee made in the Giant with the really hot tap water, and 5 Chocoltae Covered Cherries (in the 'creme filling' not the liquid filling, but still yummy and half price from Xmas).
I'm heading over to Giant to see what 'real' food is on clearance or markdown and then over to the coffee shop in Mt. Washington.
Where last night I shared my table with a young woman named Julia and her Mom and Dad who had come up from Annapolis to look at a used car they may be buying. We had a nice chat and in the course of the conversation we talked about the blog and being homeless and her Dad handed me $5.00 as they were leaving,
(Thank You guys!, It came in handy as I have today and tomorrow morning to get through and this is food money.)
It is like summer time outside, at least 45 degrees and sunny! I had to take off my sweatshirt because when I left the shed it was cold inside, (it holds both heat AND cold), and by the time I had walked into the sunshine, I had 'locked' it up and did not want to go through the rigamarole of unlocking and taking off the vest and relocking....etc. Also I figured it will most likely a rapid temperature drop as the sun goes down, so I may as well keep the coat, etc. with me. The temperature is supposed to be 50 degrees and a possibility of rain on New Years Day, Saturday, which is okay with me, but the 'Winter Classic' Outdoor Hockey Game in Pittsburgh could be a 'wet mess'!...........LOL!
Times up here but before I sign off I want to offer a very grateful and heartfelt THANK YOU!! to the fashionista who decided that this years winter look is 'Boots and Tights'....Thank You, Thank You, Thank You...........(LMAO!!!!)
Later..........Dave

No comments: