Monday, December 27, 2010

"Ice Sailing....................&........................My Pre-Lobotomy Examination Appointment.............."

Good Morning;
Well the storm by passd us here in Baltimore as far as snow is concerned, but it's cold as as a divorce lawyers heart out there as the wind is a real b*itch. 25 to 30 mph with the occasional gust up to 40mph, it had my bags pushed out to the side and acting as sails. I hit a patch of smooth ice and just stood still and was passing cars as they slowed for the traffic light. It was pretty funny to see the looks on some of the faces as I glided by grinning.......lol.
So I'm just here for a minute at the library checking Google Maps for the location of the Neurosurgeons office...of course it is on the FAR side of the hospital grounds, where I do not see a bus route within the immediate vicinity. I will have to walk from one side of the hospital all the way around the perimeter because of the fences and buildings that block a direct route.....And it is INTO the wind.....of course......damn if I had a pair of those 'wheelie' sneakers I could use my sail bot experience and tack into the wind....oh well, just the floppy soled boots today.....lol!
Rachel and I had a real nice time Saturday afternoon and Sunday at Jenn's, she left about 3:30 pm. and I left to head up to the shed about 7:45 pm. Of course the damn bus never showed so I had to walk to the subway and catch the train to Owings Mills to catch the bus back down to Pikesville to the gas station and the shed....or stand out in the slush and the wind and the cold for an hour........I took the train!....lol!
With two pair of sweatpants, my sweatshirt, a pair of the bootsocks, (that Jenn and family gave me for Xmas), and a second pair of socks on, once I got in the bag and flipped the blanket over me and warmed up I was almost too warm. Getting up to pee was no fun, but I was able to slide back into the warm covers quickly. Getting up this morning was a whole different story! I did not even swap clothes it was so cold, just put on the frozen boots and latched the door and hit the Giant for coffee and hot water to defrost my hands. I'll change in the doctor's restroom if I get the chance....maybe. I'm out of here now to go stand on the bus stop(s!) to get to Sinai Hospital. I may spend $2.00-3.00 on a cab from the last bus stop to the doctors office building if I can find one.
I may be back later, if not, tomorrow morning,
Later......................Dave
P. S. 5 days to go and 169 hits needed to make the 10,000 mark.
P.P.S.......Go RAVENS!!!!, WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!

No comments: